Chapter 4: What's right and what's wrong

Clarke's POV

"Seriously?" Octavia's eyes widen as she stares at the paper in her hands, "I can't have F from this, you must've checked it wrong!"
Mrs Byrne shoots furious look at her, her arms clenched in each other. "Well maybe it's not always my fault, Octavia," she says angrily, "turn on your brain next time. And don't be rude to authorities." Quick exchange of hateful stares strikes between them before anyone says another word.
"Whatever. I've always wanted to be a slut anyway." Octavia huffs and rumples the test to a small ball, making enraged noises.

I have to laugh out loud, the sounds are so funny I can't help it. The two of them have always had problems with each other, this is a thing that's on daily basis here. Mrs Byrne usually does nothing about O being rude and me laughing like a jerk.

"Blake, take your Griffin and go behind the door," she says bitterly, "don't return till the end of the class. Thank you."
I'm still in tears from laughter, not able to stop it. Octavia joins me like always, taking her backpack and my forearm to drag me out. I reach for my bag, stumbling over the desk and falling down. "Clarke, what are you doing?" Octavia asks me, standing above me. I'm just sitting on the floor between the desk and the chair and I can't stop laughing. Gesturing with my hands that I need help to get up, I take my friend's offered help and heavily climb up the chair, standing up, wiping away the tears from my cheeks.

"Are you done?" The teacher asks, completely serious, although the whole class is on fire now. I just nod and walk away, Octavia right behind me. We walk past the door and as soon as we close behind us, another surge of laughter comes. I have an issue with self control when it comes to this, I have to sit down and someone else always has to calm me.

"Was the fall necessary?" Octavia sits down next to me. I cover my mouth with my palm, closing my eyes and trying to stop. I don't even have a reason anymore.
"I'm sorry," I mumble, "I don't know what's wrong." I lean my head to the wall, grinning to myself.
"Whatever," she says, "we haven't talked since forever. It seems like we have a great opportunity now, don't you think, Clarkie?" She bumps me in the shoulder, sneering.
"Don't call me that," I lash out. "Or I'll call you Octopus like in 4th grade."

Octavia lets out a little chuckle. "Alright, I won't say it ever again. So how was yesterday? Has Raven some news?"
"Actually not," I say, trying to remember anything that came before that huge reveal of my new roommate. "But mom brought some sick girl to our house. She tried to kill herself."
"You're kidding!" She opens her mouth in shock. "Is she hot? Griffin, I told you to stay away from beautiful sick girls. Or sick people in general."
"O! Shut up, she's strange."
"You sound sort of angry, you don't like your new pretty roomie?"
"I didn't say she's pretty," I look up to the ceiling, my cheeks getting warmer, "and no, I don't like her. Octavia, there will be another human being in my room and she's creepy. She's probably planning my murder right now, sitting on my bed."
"Why does she sleep in your room? She can have couch or whatever."
"My amazing mother says that we both need it. In my opinion, this whole thing is just a punishment for my behavior which is 'seriously inappropriate', as she says."

We both stay quiet after that, staring at the empty hallway, waiting until the end of the class.

. . .

Going home late. Octavia and I got a detention again, like almost every Thursday. It's 5PM already and mom called when I was sitting in the boring class so she's probably pissed that I couldn't answer it. Hopefully she's still at work. I'm walking past the familiar neighborhood, finally seeing our house in the distance when my phone rings again.

"Yeah, mom?"
"Why do you even have a phone if you don't answer it? Are you home?"
I roll my eyes, completely ignoring the first question, it's more like routine than a serious one. "No, I had to stay at school longer. But I'm close."
"You got a detention again? Clarke, we talked about this, you-"
"Yeah, I know, I act really abnormally inappropriate and I should study more. See you at home."

She tries to say something but I don't hear her anymore, putting the phone back in my pocket. I follow the narrow path that leads to my home, seeking for the keys in my bag. "Dammit." I mumble to myself, maybe little louder than I intended. This bag is like the one Hermione has.

The door opens in front of me. When I look up, green eyes are watching me, viewing my whole figure. Damn, she is kinda hot.
She just steps out of my way, holding the thing so I can pass. I wonder what her voice sounds like, I haven't heard her speaking yet. Or maybe I did and don't remember it because I was in shock.

I go through, not looking the girl in her bright green eyes, heading straight to the kitchen to grab some food. I can feel her stare in my back, I know she's watching every move I make. What if she's really planing a murder?
I open the fridge and look in. After a minute, I realize I'm not really concentrated and I'm just sliding my eyes through the refrigerator. "What?" I say harshly, pulling away and closing the fridge. I shoot a look that should look intimidating at her but I guess it's not working.

"Nothing." She responds in a heartless tone and goes away. What the hell was that? I open the fridge again and as the cold air from it hits me, I hear the front door opening. Mom comes in, her mouth open and her eyes wide.

"Clarke, seriously?" She says when she spots me. "I've been calling you back ever since you hung up. Where's Lexa?"
"Why should I care?" I say with carrot in my hand, biting off the point of it. It was the only eatable food I found.

Mom lets out an irritated sound and goes upstairs to look for the lost girl. Lexa.. Yeah, that's the name.

----------------------------------

Sorry for short chapter guys, the next one will definitely have more action. Plus - that's what I wanted to ask you. Would you rather read shorter chapters like this one or the longer ones like the others? Answer me in the comments and I'll adjust by it!
Other thing - Wanheda part 2! I think I don't have to say anything. Just that my heart won't be able to survive this season lol.