Chapter 9: Who am I to you? Pt.2

Clarke's POV

"Let me tell you an excellent joke." Bellamy stands up with a bottle in his hand, grinning and seemingly already intoxicated. The light of the bonfire in the middle of our little circle is illuminating his tall figure as he walks around it. He stops in front of me, pointing at me with the bottle. "How are blondes and computers similar?" He bites his lower lip, smirking.

"I don't know." I shift uncomfortably on the log, looking to my left side to see Lexa. She's the only one who hasn't drunk anything yet. But there's still time.
"The answer is," Bellamy looks back up at everyone, continuing in his walk, pointing in the air, "you never appreciate them until they go down on you."

Jasper and Murphy burst out, laughing their ass off. Some of the people smile a little, others, like me, just shoot a murderous look at him. "You're disgusting." Octavia says, standing up and dragging him back to sit down. She may be small but she is surely strong and can handle her drunk brother. He tries to jerk off but his attempt fails, he only helps himself to fall.

I know Bellamy likes me. He always did. I just never saw anything more than friendship and when I told him half a year ago, something broke in him. He never lets me in anymore. He's no more telling me about his problems, coming to my house at 2 AM because he needs help with his girlfriend, no longer walking his dog with me when he needs to talk. We rarely exchange a word when we meet in the streets.

"So, who wants to play next?" Monty is sitting on the only stump, which is slightly out of our circle and everyone who wants to play guitar sits there. It's just around 9 PM and it looks like Bellamy didn't change the cheery mood with his stupid joke. Only Lexa looks uncomfortable, mostly watching the ground.

Breathe in, breathe out. "I want!" I call at Monty, already getting up to take my guitar back. I don't know why I am always so nervous when playing in front of a larger group. Everyone starts clapping and shouting my name, the sound echoing possibly through the whole meadow and the woods. I can't force myself to stop smiling. I hate too much attention but I love it at the same time. My arm stretches for my beloved instrument, clutching it above my head by its neck while sitting on the stump. I quickly glance at my people, showing them how happy I am to have them all in front of me, when my eyes stuck at the girl with her wavy hair loosen on her shoulders, her hand supporting her chin and the light of hot fire shining in the reflection of her bright green eyes. She's waiting for me to play. Like everyone else.

I look next to the stump, seeing a bottle of Vodka that Monty left here. I roughly grab it and take a good gulp before putting it back again and with twisted face, I lay the guitar at my left thigh and start playing right away.

My talent is that I don't need much pressure to make a really loud sound. Maybe it's because I'm left-handed. I don't remember the name of the first song, but it's really common bonfire one, something to always begin with. I'm confident enough to sing over the sound of strings, along with Raven and Monty. Others are just humming to the sound, too shy to join us. The melody is slowly filling everyone with confidence, new people start to sing along, everyone smiling. Except for one.

. . .

"You didn't introduce your friend here!" Murphy shouts, pointing at Lexa with half empty can of beer. "She seems like no fun. Is she awake?"
I open my mouth, ready to respond when Lexa herself steps into it. "Excuse me?" She says, rising her gaze from the ground, "I just don't like getting drunk. Sorry for my existence, stranger."

"Ayeeeeeee!" The whole group shouts as Lexa keeps staring straight into Murphy's eyes intensely.
"Game over, man," Jasper punches him in the shoulder, "she's too sassy for you."

He ignores him, not breaking the eye contact. "I'm Murphy," he says rather flirtatiously than politely.
"Hi Murphy," she responses, putting on a fake smile, "I'm not interested."