Chapter Three.

Vote, Comment, Share, Enjoy :)
* * * * * * *

Twenty
Twenty-one
Twenty-two

The front door bell rang, sending a loud ringing wave around the house. I let go of the cross bar, feeling a tiny drop before hitting the ground. I was doing my usual Saturday workout and wasn't expecting anyone that day. I pushed back my hair out of my face and flexed my shoulders a little.

I ran down the stairs, wiping the sweat off my forehead before opening the door.
"Well well well, it isn't Poppy-" I began before the slightly shorter female interrupted me.

"Yeah yeah don't flatter yourself, Justin." She hissed, frowning at me "Look, I need your help. Can I come in?" She sighed, taking full notice of my sweaty abs and rock hard shoulders. I smirked at her as she shifted around uncomfortably for a moment before I moved aside to let her in.

Poppy looked around my hall way, almost admiring every inch of the walls. Her ponytail occasionally hit her shoulders and these two gathers of strands fell in front of her ears.
"So what is it you want, exactly?" I asked, walking into my living room with Poppy following like a puppy dog.
"It's the essay. It's on Michelangelo. I mean, I know we don't get along and I know you probably hate-"
"I'll do it." I said as I turned to face her.
"Y-you will?" She questioned, twisting and squeezing her sleeves of her jacket.
"If you need help I am happy to assist you in any way you want, but I do require some things." I said, slipping on a shirt that was laying on the arm of my black, leather sofa.
"Things?" She asked, her voice slipping into my ears so innocently.
"A USB for starters." I answered.
"Oh! Yes of course." She giggled, nervously, rummaging in her bag and handing me her red USB.
"And your number." She looked up at me in confusion. "So that we can arrange a meeting for me to give it back." I explained.
"Can't you just give it back in coll-"
"No." I said sternly, almost shouting at her, causing her to jump back a little. "You might want to make some adjustments after?" I recovered and she smiled.

That smile.

* * * * * * *
I never liked Poppy. Not like other girls. If I thought about her more than once a day, it would kill my mood entirely. Poppy was more of an introvert, with a fashion style mainly inspired by your averaged teenage dirt bag.

Poppy and I sat in my study, at the desk with my laptop.
"God, you stink of sweat and smoke." She commented.
"Would you rather me smell of sweat and sex?" I asked, silencing her.
I began typing away, meeting the criteria of the essay but changing my own words for some words I think would sound more like Poppy.
"So, what made you change your mind?" I asked.
"I figured with your help, I can get the essay in on time, I won't fail and everything will work out. It's a win-win situation." She giggled nervously again.

I chuckled to myself, continuing to write the second paragraph.
There was a silence between us but I didn't take too much notice of it until Poppy spoke up.
"Nice place." She said, looking around.
"Thanks. It's okay, I guess but it sucks when my parents are home. Too much noise." I explained.
"Where are they now?" She asked, crossing her left leg over her right.

I bit my lip thinking about her legs and the way they slightly jiggled when she walked.
I needed to stop getting distracted.
"They're on a continental business vacation-"
"Do you miss them?" She immediately asked.
"I like my own company." I said sternly, my harsh tone silencing her.

Poppy gathered her coat and bag before rising from her seat.
"I should go."
"Pops, I-"
"Don't call me that. I need go get back to- er...home." She stuttered, leaving my study. I listened to her briskly walk out and shut the door. My harsh tone must've intimidated her.

"They always fucking leave." I whispered to myself.

* * * * * * *
Sorry it's boring you know how it is, the first three chapters are the description then all of a sudden it's like boom! Yeah.
I have really comfy slippers YAY
~AllDayDarkness