Chapter Five.

Vote, Comment, Share, Enjoy :)
* * * * * * *
~Grace~
I lifted my left leg up, placing my food on my toilet seat. Shortly after, I grabbed the smearing stick and hot wax, mixing it a little before slowly applying it to my 'lady garden'.

You can do it Grace.
No pain...no gain.
...Or loss...of hair.

I placed the pot of honey gold wax down on the toilet seat by my foot and pressed on a waxing strip. It was more like a long thick strip of tracing paper that could quite easily do my ass as well as my bikini area.
I took three deep breaths and then another three because the first three didn't feel like enough. But eventually I overcame my fear of immense pain, squeezed my eyes shut and yanked the strip away.
Holding my eyes shut for a few seconds, I waited for the pain to hit me like a tone of bricks. But it didn't.

"What the-" I began, opening my eyes and realising there was no hair on the strip. "Oh God...this isn't meant to happen." I panicked, placing the strip on top of the wax pot.

Brrrrrrriinnnnggggggg

I got down from the toilet seat, wax still resting on me, and walked into my bedroom, picking up my phone.

Brrrrrrriinnnnggggggg

Poppy?

I swiped across the screen and held the cold device to my ear, sitting down on my bed.
"Hey Po-"
"I need to tell you something." She said in a nervous tone. I rose from my bed, placing my other hand on my hip but I felt something tug me back. I turned around to see my bed sheet attached to my ass cheek. "It's about Justin." She said but I was too distracted to take notice.

"Hairy mother of god...Poppy I'll call you back, okay?" I said, tugging at the sheets but they wouldn't come off.
"No, Grace this is really-"
"Okay, love you, bye." I said quickly, putting the phone down and grabbing some pants before calling an ambulance.

* * * * * * *
~Poppy~

I walked through the cold halls of the hospital, clutching my bag handle tightly. As I approached the reception area, I saw faces that I was all too familiar with.
"Poppy Jenkins?" I heard Celia call from the reception desk. Celia was like my second mum, my counsellor too. She knows me like the back of her hand. I never knew why but I always found comfort in her soft Jamaican accent and her delicious Mac and cheese. "My goodness, look how big you've gotten." She squealed, hugging me.

"I need to see my friend, Grace. She's about 5'2 with bubblegum pink hair and she loves pie." I explained to Celia. She was a little taken back by my non-sociable state.
"Yes of course, she's in room 225, she's been asking for someone to change the radio for the last hour." She laughed.

"Oh, yeah that sounds like her." I laughed, walking to Grace's room.

I peered through the glass in the door to see her sitting there, playing with her hospital gown. Smiling, I pushed the door open and she looked up at me, giggling.
I leaned over, hugging her tightly.
"What in the hell have you done?" I laughed, sitting on the end of the bed.
"You really want to know?" She asked and I nodded, placing my bag next to me. Grace was always getting herself into trouble one way or another, but there came a point where I just let her and she would pick up the pieces, learning from her mistakes. "I stuck my lips together with wax and then my bed sheet got stuck to my ass cheek." She said. It wasn't long before I was howling with laughter, disturbing everyone in the room, including sleeping patients.
"Your lips don't look like they were stuck together." I commented, staring at her mouth.
"Not those lips." She whispered. There was a moment of silence before I started laughing again and the situation became a little easier.

"Grace I really need to talk to you about Justin." I said, nervously fiddling with the hem of my top.
"Justin who?" She asked, sitting up more.
"Justin in our theory class Justin." I explained, scratching the back of my neck.
"Oh, what about him?" She asked. Her face lit up like a Christmas tree when she heard his name. It was like she was in love with him or something.
"I um....I did something...with him." I said quietly. Grace's face dropped and the whole world felt like it had just... stopped.
"Wh-" she began but she couldn't find the words.
"I needed a favour and that was the-"
"Do you like him?" She asked, face full of sadness and anger.

Yes.

"I don't know." I said. A tear gathered in her left eye as the conversation deepened. "Look, it wasn't supposed to happen-" I tired to justify myself.
"No, but it did. Didn't it?" She said angrily. I didn't know what to do or say, my heart raced in my chest and I felt like crying.
"Grace I...I'm sorry." I said but she stayed silent, laying down and rolling over so that she didn't see my face. "Do you want me to stay the night? Keep you company?" I offered.
"No." She said softly. "Just go home...do you essay or something." She said. I could tell she was holding back the tears.
I bit my lip, grabbing my bag handles and pulling the curtain around her bed.
Tears fell down my cheeks as I silently cried, walking out the emergency exit, avoiding as many people as I could.

* * * * * * *

I walked down the road a few blocks from my house when my phone started ringing.
"Hello?" I answered.
"It's me." He replied.
"What do you want? I asked harshly, rolling my eyes.
"Come and get your USB. Now." He ordered, putting the phone down straight after.

I rang the doorbell for the third time that week. Almost immediately after, I saw Justin's figure jogging towards the door and opening it. I didn't bother to look at him, I just brushed straight past him.

He closed the door, flexing his shoulders and turned to me. He was sweaty and panting, almost like the first payment I gave him. I liked it when he looked like this. Almost...vulnerable.

Wait a minute...first payment?

"Come." He called, leading me into his study again. His study was more like a posh compact library with hundreds of books and pieces of artwork hanging on the walls.
I stood in the centre of the room on the expensive looking rug while Justin searched through his drawer for my red USB. He turned and took a few steps towards me.
I swallowed the lump in my throat, trying to forget everything that happened between Grace and I. 
Justin held the stick in front of me, waiting for me to grab it, but as soon as I did, he pulled it back. I tried to grab it by stepping forward but all it did was bring us closer. I could feel Justin's breath on my lips. I'd be lying if I said I didn't want it. That comfort. That embrace.
Justin planted a small kiss on my lips, continuing to my cheek and then behind my ear to before finishing at the neck.

The USB was no longer in my mind.

Only the feel of Justin's lips all over me.

* * * * * * *