Chapter 1 ~ New Boy

This chapter is really short because it's the beginning and it's that awkward moment when you don't know how to start it...yeah, I had that. Plus, this chapter didn't need much anyway...so, here we go :) (Yeah, this chapter is really short :/)

Fabby poster at the side by Crumpet2! THANK YOU!

-----------

Chapter One - 'New Boy'

Lucy's POV

I sat in my form room, listening to the form teacher intently. He was going off about litter and recycling when there was a knock at the door. Of course, everyone turned to look to see a (quite frankly) adorable boy. He was wearing a Year 10 tie. I pushed my glasses further up my nose, the damn things being too big. 

He walked up to Sir and handed him a piece of paper. Sir mouthed 'OK' making his actions big. Why? He beckoned the boy to sit down next to me, after all, I was the only one who had a space next to me, no one in my form wanted to sit next to the 'Nerd'. Cliché and mean or what?

"Hello." I said. The boy acted as if he didn't hear me, infact he carried on fiddling around with his rucksack and books. I blinked. Rude much.

"Lucy, he can't hear you." Sir said, looking like the situation was totally funny.

I gave Sir a confused look.

"He's 100 percent deaf." Sir said, looking at the boy with sorry eyes. The boy seemed not to notice anything, of course, he couldn't hear us. Lots of people were snickering. "This is not something to laugh about. Poor Callum here couldn't get any spaces in the schools for deaf children so he has to come here. Poor boy, won't be able to do anything without help."

"He could come with me I suppose." I said.

"That would be lovely, Lucy. He is quite intelligent, top sets, so I do suppose he'll be with you, but sadly, he obviously can't hear..." Sir tutted and went back to rant about litter and the need for recycling bins.

This made me think. I got my notebook out my rucksack and a pen. Then wrote a simple:

Hello Callum, I'm Lucy. Are you okay?

Callum looked at me and took my pen and wrote (in I have to say, the most beautiful writing I have seen)

Hello Lucy, I'm fine thank you, I'm excited for this year, how about yourself?

I smiled. His writing was truly baffling, it was italic, but not posh and it flowed and ugh. (Yeah...I like neat handwriting)...

Me: I am too :) What classes are you in?

Callum: Top sets, shall I give you my timetable so we can compare?

Me: Awesome :) I'm in top sets too. Would you liek to stick with me? And okay, let me see

Callum reached into his bag and pulled out a planner with the timetable at the front. I took it from him to see we had every class together except for French (because he didn't do it, instead he did extra History, why History though, I wonder?) and PE, because boys and girls were seperated.

I reached foer the notepad again.

Me: Looks like we are together for most of school then :)

Callum: Ok then, I hope we'll be great friends :)

I looked up at Callum and smiled, he had the most gorgeous white toothed smile. This year was going to be fun...