Chapter 2 ~ Classes

Dedicated to @xXJayy_CocaineXx for being awesome and amazing :) I promised you Chapter 2 and here it is :)

Banner at the side by sarahsuleman, thank you! :)

Tell me if I babble on you know or the story is too 'fast paced' or whatever, I want to know :)

Make banners if you want! Then give them as links and I'll put them up! BE CREATIVE

~ ~ ~ ~

Chapter Two ~ 'Classes'

Lucy's POV

The bell rung and everyone got, rather grudgingly out of their seats. I prodded Callum's shoulder and nodded my head towards the door, signalling that we have to go. Callum got up. He was taller than I was...by about a few inches, but no worries. I beckoned him to follow me to English. He smiled and followed.

I wondered what his voice would sound like, if he had the confidence to talk, but it would sound slightly odd due to him not being able to hear what he was saying, it would waver, flicker and go in and out of 'tune'. But I imagined it normally, soft, sweet, cute...I wanted to know. Callum followed me as I directed him to En1, his new English room. I sat down near the back and he put his rucksack on the seat next to mine. He opened it, got out a piece of paper and walked up to the teachers desk, handed the paper to Miss Evans and stood there waiting. Miss read the paper and gave Callum a thumbs up. Callum smiled a beautiful smile and sat next to me, smiling still.

We were given work to do and got on with it. Callum made his new book look beautiful. He wrote neatly and underlined everything with such care. About half way through the lesson, someone threw a piece of scrunched up paper at Callum.

He looked over to the boy who threw it and opened it up.

I heard you're deaf, so what are you doing here?

Callum let out a silent sigh and just scrunched up the paper again and pushed it away from him, shaking his head. He picked up his pen and continued to write about poetry. I gave him a skeptical look. He caught my eye and shook his head. I nodded and continued writing.

I looked at Callum's work. I was so jealous of his handwriting. He would have to teach me. I mean, my handwriting was neat, but Callum's was PERFECT. So jealous...

English went by normal pace, as did Science, break and History. But I still needed to do French, and then Art. I loved Art with my whole soul.

I sat in the Cantine and a frazzled looking Callum came to sit beside me. I gave him a confused look. Callum got out the notepad and started writing.

Callum: People are so mean :(

Callum looked so miserable. Poor him.

Me: What did they do? :/

Callum: Poking fun at the fact I can't hear. They are so self centred.

Me: Ignore them, they have no idea.

Callum: And you do?

BAM. I put my pen down. It was true, I had no idea.

Me: You're right, people don't understand, including me.

Callum: No, I didn't mean it in a nasty way, it was a genuine question.