Hero/Ambreigns

EMT Seth Rollins sat in his ambulance, starring at a picture of himself and his best friend...brother and partner EMT Dean Ambrose. As he did he thought of his life with his crazy brother and smiled as the memories played like a movie in his head.

 Dean and Seth have been best friends since they met six years ago, when they were training to become EMTs, they had an instant connection. They became inseparable and knew everything about each other good and bad. They were complete opposites in every way, Dean being the louder, crazier one and Seth being the quieter, sane one; but they balanced each other out, keeping the other grounded.

 Everything was going great for them, until a few hours ago when they were sent on a call to an office building where a shooting had occurred with multiple victims. When they arrived they spoke to the Officer in charge and were told the scene was clear, the gunman wasn't around, but they were looking for him. They went inside with the other EMTs and after getting all the victims taken care of; Dean and Seth were the only ones without a patient, everyone left the building together, except for Dean who had trailed behind.

 Dean was left inside alone, as he was leaving he spotted a blood trail on the floor and followed it into an office, where he found another victim a man named Roman Reigns; who was hiding under a desk. Before they could get out though the gunman returned trapping them under the desk, Dean had radioed Seth to tell him what was going on and Seth had informed the Officer in charge. Of course the arrogant son-of-a-bitch Officer Stone, refused to tell Seth anything or let him help, making Seth furious! He fought with the bastard over it, promising him if anything happened to Dean or Roman, Seth would personally make his life a living hell! It had been three hours now and they were still trapped inside with a psycho armed with a gun! Seth put the picture away and looked at his watch, it had been almost a half hour since they had last heard anything from Dean and Seth was so scared he'd lose his brother.

 Meanwhile inside the building, Dean quietly checked Roman's two gunshot wounds; one in his shoulder and the other in his leg. As he did he smiled sadly at Roman, trying to keep him calm knowing if they were going to make it out of there they needed to stay calm and focused. Despite the situation Dean found himself very attracted to Roman and felt the need to protect him. If things had been different Dean would have asked Roman out without a second thought, but kept his mouth shut knowing this wasn't the right time or place! Dean was trying his best to stay strong, but he had never been in a situation like this before and he had no freaking idea what to do! He was scared he wouldn't make it out alive and his heart broke thinking he'd never see Seth again. Using the thought of being reunited with Seth again and getting Roman to safety, Dean was able to stay strong and keep them safe.

 Roman instantly relaxed into Dean's gentle, yet firm touch as he checked on his injuries. Roman silently watched Dean's every move, he watched how his uniform clung to Dean's body in all the right places and felt his heart skip a beat. Despite their situation Roman found himself very attracted to Dean and knew he was trying everything he could to keep Roman calm and safe and that only made Roman's attraction grow stronger. He wished things were different so he could ask Dean out, but since they weren't he kept his mouth shut and took comfort in Dean being with him and how Dean protected him.

 "You doing okay Roman?" Dean whispered

 "I'm okay." Roman answered.

 "It's been quiet for awhile now, I haven't seen or heard anything since the psycho left the room. He could be gone, I'm going to go check. You stay here, stay hidden and stay quiet!"

 "Dean, please don't, I'm scared!" Roman replied, as he grabbed Dean's hand.

 "I'll be fine Ro, don't worry." Dean reassured him, before he quietly left the safety of the desk and went to the door.

 Roman watched helplessly as Dean stood by the door and looked out. Seeing nothing Dean took out his radio and checked in with Seth and Stone, telling them what was going on. He turned his back to the door and never noticed the guy come back into the room behind him, until he was hit in the head with the gun. Dean fell to his knees, dropping his radio that was still on, Roman fought to stay quiet.

 "Who the hell are you? Are...are you a cop?" The gunman demanded.

 "No, I'm an EMT!" Dean answered pointing at his uniform. "My name's Dean, what's yours?" He asked, as he got to his feet starring at the guy, keeping his hands raised in surrender.

 "Why do you care who I' am?" The man questioned, gun still pointed at Dean.

 "Everyone has a name and a story." Dean answered, as the man looked at him unsure.

 "My name's Scott."

 "See, that wasn't so bad." Dean replied smiling.

 "Who's in here with you? I heard you talking to someone!" He demanded again, as he began to look around.

 "No one, I'm here alone!" Dean answered, trying to stay calm and keep the guy away from the desk where Roman hid under, Dean could see Roman, but the guy couldn't. "I forgot my kit and came back for it, see it's right there by the door. You heard me talking to my partner on my radio, it's over there by the wall I dropped it when you hit me." He explained calmly.

 "You know this wasn't supposed to happen." Scott said quietly.

 "I'm sure it wasn't Scott, why did it?" Dean asked gently.

 "It happened because my asshole boss fired me! He said I couldn't do my damn job right! That's bullshit, I'm a damn good accountant!" Scott yelled getting angry. "Because of him I lost everything dammit!"

 "I know how you feel Scott." Dean said, trying to get him to calm down.

 "What the hell would you know about being a loser Pretty Boy? You probably have everything given to you and everyone loves you!" Scott said, not believing him.

 "You'd be wrong! All my life I've never fit in, I'm not like everyone else and because of that everyone calls me a Lunatic! They all think I'm crazy, the only one who doesn't is my best friend Seth. Do you have someone Scott?"

 "Not anymore! I lost everything; my wife, kids, house...everything, all because I'm a loser!" Scott yelled, becoming even more angry.

 "Easy Scott, calm down!" Dean said.

 "Don't. Tell. Me. What. To. Do!" Scott yelled, waving the gun at Dean.

 "Relax, I'm not trying to do anything okay? Listen Scott, I can help you, all you have to do is trust me."

 "Why should I?" Scott demanded. "You don't know me!"

 "No, but that doesn't mean I don't want to help. All you have to do is give me the gun and we can walk out of here together."

 "Screw you Pretty Boy!" Scott said smiling, as he aimed the gun at Dean.

 Meanwhile, Seth stood nervously as he listened to his brother try and talk the guy into giving up. Seth held his breath, begging the guy to do what Dean said, he was forced to listen as the guy became more and more angrier with each passing second. It took all of Seth's willpower not to grab a gun and rush into the building to save Dean. He watched as Stone quietly spoke to his men about their rescue plan, Seth was pissed that Stone hadn't even tried to rescue them yet!

 Seth began to pace nervously, biting his nails as he continued listening to Dean try and keep the guy calm. He knew Dean could do anything, but they had never been in a situation like this before and Dean could get hurt or...lose his life! Seth was amazed how Dean was able to stay calm despite having some psycho point a gun in his face; he knew he wouldn't have been able to do it! Suddenly Seth's heart stopped when he heard Dean's voice plead with the guy not to shot, before a single gunshot was heard. Seth's knees gave out, he grabbed onto the wall to keep from falling, as silence once again came from the radio!

THE END!