F O R G I V E N E S S P A Y S O F F

-Broly's POV-

I head back to 83-B to check on Kakkarot. I gain a frown as I saw him crying and hugging his knees. He must've felt my presence at the doorway, considering he looked up at me and stood up. He was trying his best to look at me without any sadness, but it didn't work. He continued to cry and covered his face. Feeling as if he needed comfort, I snugged my arms around his torso. I felt his arms go around my neck as he weeped into collar bone.

"Tell me what's wrong, Kakkarot."

-Goku's POV-

How can I tell him? I've told him many times about being on my own ever since I was 4 and I didn't know my care owner. I've told him about a man I saw in a family photo in my house before it burnt down, a man who looked just like me and he was carrying me in his hand with a certificate. Indeed, his name was Bardock, and he was my father.

I couldn't tell Broly. What would his reaction be? Bad, good, what? I just held onto him for a little bit longer before he forced us to be pulled apart.

"Kakkarot. Tell me."

I could hear of bit of anger in his voice. I glance down and sniffle.

"Well... Remember how I said that I never knew who my parents were?"

He nodded. I then gulped.

"Well... I lied. I thought Bardock, my dad, was dead. He was always going to the army for life risking missions. He would always come back, of course. But one day, he was sent to a mission and never came back... No one came to our door to tell us he died or he was missing, but as you know, I was just 4 then, so I was under the assumption he had passed away." I said, trying not to bust into tears.

I sniffled and looked away. I didn't get a response from Broly for a second. I didn't want to look up at him, but the fear was haunting my heart and made me cry more. I slammed my smaller body into his bigger one and wrap my arms around him for another hug.

I felt like a liar, someone who couldn't be trusted. All these years, I had lied to Broly about my father being dead, when he was here all along.

My thoughts were interrupted by something touching my chin and lifting my head up.

Broly.

He leaned in and kissed me gently, one that had affection and forgiveness in it. It was almost an instant for me to close my watering eyes and kiss back. This kiss was making me feel a ton better, both on the outside and inside.

Broly pulled back away from my lips and looked at me with his typical calm eyes.

"Kakkarot, it is okay." He spoke, using his thumbs to wipe the tears off my face. "It was your father's and this whole army's fault. They could've sent you a letter that you father was killed, or your father could've sent something to you. Don't blame yourself for other people's mistakes when you shouldn't."

I sniffled again and look up at him. A small smile seemed to make its way to my face in my time of crisis.

"Thanks Broly." I then hug him again. "I love you."

Broly chuckled and spoke back. "I love you, too."