R E A D Y , S E T , C H E A T

-Third Person POV-

Everyone was slowly arriving, filling up the fields outside. Conversations that occurred were all about as to why there was even a course to begin with. Whatever they had to go through, they could simply teleport to the end and avoid everything. Some people just stared at King Vegeta as if he were crazy, but others sort of knew that there was always a twist with these sort of things. There always is.

Everyone stood in their little groups, talking amongst one another. Even a little late now, Kakkarot and Broly finally arrived, although not holding hands, they were definitely close together.

-Broly's POV-

"Kakkarot..." I called softly, my eyes not even daring to glance down at him as my eyes were locked on everyone else.

"Am I just as confused as you are? I am." He confirmed, his own eyes not even leaving the crowd.

I've always wondered what things went through inside of our King's head, but this? This is beyond ridiculous. What made him come to a conclusion to think of something like this? ESPECIALLY for a whole race of Saiyans. From the view I could see over everyone's head, the course looked like something a little child would go through as basic training compared to what I've seen most of these men and women do. I was tempted now to just turn around and go back to Kakkarot and I's bunk, but before I could really turn around, King Vegeta had called upon us for our devoted attention towards him. He seemed to have been talking to someone before he finally spoke up, his voice groggier than ever.

"Listen up!" He started off. "I hear you all mumbling to your friends as to what the hell have I created here. Well, it's what it appears to be. An obstacle course." Some people began to chuckle softly to themselves and snicker, that was until Vegeta's eyes snapped down to the crowd to silence them all almost instantaneously. "You all must think that this is nothing more but a game. Well, let me inform you on this little secret, it isn't. There are set rules to make sure this is as challenging as possible. Right now, I want you all to drop your power levels."

"What?" The whole crowd said, including Kakkarot and I.

We both looked at each other with deep confusion, but soon my eyes went back up to King Vegeta and we locked eyes. I gave a suspicious glare up towards him while he gave me the same glare back. Doing as he said, however, I dropped my power level to just half. I felt as Kakkarot dropped his as well as the sense of urgency clicked in my head. Since he was my mate, feeling his power drop so fast alerted me, but I knew what reason it was and that he was okay.

Vegeta looked over all of us and nodded, a small grin on his face. Being in silence, he soon lost that grin and gained a serious expression before calling out. "Drop it again!"

Again, as ordered, we dropped our power levels again. I simply halved the half, my limbs feeling basically limp at this point.

'Kakka...' I simply thought, my eyes glancing over to him. He seemed to have the same expression as I did. Numb and weak.

'I'm...I'm fine Broly. Don't worry.' He replied, taking a glance up at me and patting my shoulder. His touch was so frail, as if he would snap in half from contact. Whatever Vegeta Had in plan for us to do with whatever the hell this is, it better be worth it.

Vegeta, that scumbag of a King, looked over all of us and regained his typical smirk back.

"Good. Now, the rules. Because all of you have lowered your power to a very low portion...you will stay at that range or below. Go over it, you are instantly disqualified and will be treated as such when you are placed onto teams." A few murmurs were heard within the crowd. "Next, with your power being low, do not break ANY of the equipment set in place, or you will become the equipment. Do not attempt to leap or fly over the entire course. You will go through it, every part. Notice how there are no aerial objects?" He explained, everyone looking up in silence. I, however, didn't look up. I was staring directly at Vegeta. Again, he glanced over at me as everyone looked up, but as soon as their direction went back to him, he evaded my eyes almost instantly.