Just wanting a bit of love

11 year old Akari pov

"Get down here Akari. It's your sisters birthday! Stop being such a pest and give your sister some respect."

My mum called out to me. I sighed. Just a minute ago she told me to do the washing. I walked out of the washing room, pulling my hood further down my face. The hood cast a shadow across my face. The shadow was kind of like me. Not thought of. Stepped on. A shadow of someone else. Just a part of your life you ignored. My long brown hair was tied up in a bun so it couldn't be seen. My mum hated my hair. Hell she hated my existence. One day I was going to get out of here and be free. I stood at the door and knocked on the door.

"Hurry up and come in."

My dad said to me. I opened the door and saw my sister sitting at the head of the table with a huge chocolate cake in front of her. My parents sat at both sides of her.

"Sit down!"

My mother said to me harshly. I grabbed the chair next to her and was about to sit when she pushed me over. I landed on the ground and hit my head on the corner of the table. I whimpered and closed my eyes tightly, willing the tears to go away. What did I do to deserve to be treated this way? I felt warm liquid travel down the side of my head.

"Not here!"

My mum pointed at the seat that was in the very corner of the room.

"Trash like you don't deserve to sit at the table."

I nodded my head obediently and ran over to the chair. My mum then looked at my sister who was sneering at me. Her face immediately changed into a loving one. I hated it. Why can't I be treated the same? I scowled at the ground.

"Happy birthday to you~"

They started singing. I had to sing along. My sister was smiling and she looked at me. She was turning 12 today. She smirked and looked at my parents. Her eyes said it all. You will never have this. Tears started streaming down my face as I continued singing. I whispered the last line of the song and my stomach grumbled. When was the last time I ate again? 2 days ago? It was probably about that. I wiped my eyes. My mum started cutting the cake. She passed one to my sister, my dad and herself. I waited for my piece to come. It never did. They started eating completely ignoring my existence. I hate them. I hate all of them. I stared down at my hands as dark thoughts started to fill my heads. What would it be like without them? The knife they used to cut the cake was so close. It was a few steps away. It only takes a second to get rid of them. A dark voice filled my mind as it whispered,

Just grab it. End it all.

I shook my head and grabbed my head. I felt the liquid on my head and I wiped it with my sleeves. Red. It was blood. I felt the cut, only to find that it had already started closing up. Injuries had never lasted a long time for me and I remembered the first time I realised I possessed this special gift.

"Mum! Can I have that one?"

My sister asked pointing to a little pink teddy bear. She was wearing the red dress mum bought yesterday. I was wearing a dull brown dress that my mum bought for me ages ago. My sisters blonde hair was tied up in red ribbons while my dead brown hair curled down my back in a tangled mess. My mum nodded kindly at my sister and started cooing at how cute she was. I tugged on my mums dress.

"Mummy can I get a new dress? I've been wearing this one for a long time and I don't know if I can fit into it anymore."

My big purple eyes were filled with hope as I didn't understand at the time the favoritism. She looked at me with so much hatred my little 6 year old frame started to shake. She slapped my hand from her dress ripping my skin in the process.

"You selfish girl! Always asking for things. Be grateful with what you have!"

She screamed at me. That was when I realised how different she treated me from my sister. I looked down at my hand to see that it was bleeding. Tears formed and leaked down my face. I pressed my hand against my dress and closed my eyes. I took my hand off and saw that the cut had healed already.

I got up from my seat and left the room. They didn't question me and didn't even spare a glance at me. I went to the kitchen and as quietly as I could I grabbed a granola bar and ran back up to my room, which was located at the very top of the house. I guess you couldn't exactly call it a bedroom as it was filled with boxes of my sisters clothing. I had a single bed in the corner of the room and a small bathroom. I looked through my wardrobe for something else I could wear. The only thing I had was my school uniform. Even though school was tomorrow I guess I would have to wear the uniform today too. I went into the bathroom and took a long shower. The cold water pierced my skin and I shivered. My bathroom didn't have a heating system. You would think I'd be use to it by now but I still felt each and very single pellet, freezing my already cold skin. I wrapped my body in a small towel after washing my hair and body. I stared at my reflection in the mirror. My purple eyes were filled with remorse and loneliness. My body had muscle from all the things I had been doing for my parents. My pale complexion was blemish free and had red painted across my cheeks. I was beautiful. But I would trade my beauty for a little bit of love any day.

Author note

Hey sorry it was a bit short. It'll get longer I promise!!!

And thanks for taking your time to read this <3 xxx

Oh ya. I don't own any or the naruto character besides Akari and her family.

Thnx

A