Freak

I woke up with the sound of someone shouting.

"Akari wake the hell up!"

My sister screamed at me from her room downstairs. I checked the clock that was beside my bed. It was 4am. What did my oh so important sister want now? I dragged my body out of my bed and walked down the stairs. I raised my eyebrows at her. She was glaring daggers at me.

"I need you to help me get dressed and then make me breakfast."

Right. I'm apparently her slave now. I knew better then to question her though. She would probably call mum or dad to come and 'discipline' me. I sighed and followed her to her room. Her room was huge. She had a queen sized bed in the centre of her room and her walls were painted and elegant purple color. She sat down at her makeup desk.

"My hair."

I nodded and quickly tied her hair into a tight french braid. That was the only thing I knew how to do besides a pony tail. She nodded.

"If someone asks you if you did my hair say no. Say I did it."

She said with a smirk. Honestly. I rolled my eyes but nodded my head anyway. It wasn't like I could say no and she knew that.

"Make me breakfast!"

She demanded and stomped her foot. God she is so spoilt. I wonder if she knows how to do anything by herself. I went to the kitchen and started whipping up some eggs and toast. I hadn't even gotten ready myself. She came down shortly after and ate the food. I had about 10 minutes before school started. I rushed to my room and did my hair into a messy bun and put a hoodie on top of my uniform I was already wearing from yesterday. I ran out of the house and immediately rain drenched my body. Thats just great isn't it? I wondered how my life would of been if I was born into a different family. I walked to school slowly. I was already late, I might as well take my time.

"Akari! You're late! Why don't you be more like your sister!"

The teacher shouted at me. Why was everyone comparing me to her? Sure she may be a bit more talented at these types of things but I had my strengths too. I was always super good at defending myself. From a younger age I was quick, agile when running and my punch could knock out a grown man. My strength was abnormal. I felt like I was wasting my time learning petty things like algebra. My skills were in tactics and coming up with strategies. I could come up with things that would help you in real life problems. I never felt exactly human. At least not a human from this world. It makes sense to me okay?

"Are you listening Akari!"

My teacher screamed at me. I nodded my head and looked around. The teacher raised her eyebrows. The person beside me knew I was listening. But why wasn't she saying anything? I continued staring at her praying that she would speak up for me. She knew the teacher would pick on me for anything. She looked at me with a slightly guilty face but it was immediately masked to an annoyed hatred filled face when someone else looked at her. Oh I got it. Her reputation was more important. Right. I almost forgot. My life or feelings weren't important to anyone.

"I am listening."

I said.

"Get up!"

The teacher said to me. I slowly got up and walked with my head down in shame. Everyone was looking at me with disgust.

"Freak."

I heard one of them murmur. I looked up to see it was one of my sister's friends. Everyone nodded there heads in agreement. They started saying things like

"Purple eyes? That isn't normal."

"Remember when she threw that table?"

"Oh ya."

"She's a monster."

I stood at the front of the class and sucked in all the insults and tried to act like they weren't affecting me at all. The teacher gave me a pass. I read it and it said 'detention for 3 days'. That wasn't fair! I was listening!

"But ms I was lis-"

I was cut off by the wave of her hand.

"Just get out of my sight."

She said and glared down at me. I didn't understand. Why did everyone hate me so much? Was it because of the way I looked? Did I say something? I looked at my sister before walking out the door and saw her looking at me with an innocent look. I knew it was her. She must of said something. I hated her. What I would do to get her into my position. If I got to be her for a day I would make her feel pain. I would make her feel what I felt everyday. Rage consumed my mind as I imagined torturing her. WAIT! What was happening to me. I can't think like that. The dark voice was back. It was filling my mind with hate.

You know you want to. These people don't deserve lives. The way they treat you. Just finish them. Your suffering will be over after that.

After the 2 hour detention I arrived home. I sat at the dining table and a small piece of bread was put in front of me. I looked at the rest of my family's meal and saw that they were having steak and potato. I ripped up the pieces to try to savour every bite. Even after the small dinner I was still starving. My stomach was rumbling and I felt queasy. Sweat trickled down my forehead. I wasn't living a healthy life. I probably couldn't continue on like this forever. I walked up to my room. I checked the time and it read 9pm. It was time for Naruto! The best part of my day. I had a small television I could watch it on. I turned on the TV and for the first time in days I smiled. I felt like Naruto and I could relate somehow. Even if I had parents they definitely didn't act like them. I admired him. He would continue working hard even when people constantly tried to put him down. His smile was contagious and he always saw the good in everyone. A warm feeling sprouted in my chest when I saw how persistent he was. I saw how hard he worked for people to acknowledge him. How do you do it Naruto? How do you forgive people who treat you so badly?

Then there was Sasuke. I understood him too. The revenge you feel to people who made your life miserable. The dark thoughts that would constantly consume your mind driving you crazy.

I closed my eyes and thought of what it would be like to live somewhere that felt like home. What it would feel like to be somewhere you knew you belonged to. I wish. I wish I can find a place I can call home. With that last thought I drifted off to a dreamless sleep.