Chapter 5: At The Water's Edge

Mabel stepped in bathing suit and all. Wendy chuckled at how happy Mabel was splashing Dipper who was swimming away from her. " Hey, you gonna get out?" Wendy asked, looking my direction, waving her hand in front of my face to get my attention. " Oh! Yeah, give me a second." My reply was a bit delayed and Wendy strugged, she then went to jump off into the water with the rest of the gang.

What was that strange headache and that figure, I mean creature? I had began to think I'd lost it due to being homesick. I looked out at the rest of the gang and smiled. I better hurry and enjoy myself before it gets too late I thought as I walked to the water's edge.

I stepped in the cold icy water of the lake. It took a while for my body to get used to its temperature. I looked over my shoulder only to see Dipper trying to talk to Wendy, or was he he flirting? Which ever one it was he was doing it all wrong. I ignored it, heading over to Mabel who was giggling at nothing.

" Haha! " her voice trailed off in fits of strange laughter. " Mabel are y -" Mabel then turned around and something wasn't right her eyes were white and she looked like a puppet of some sort. " Oh man what do I do?! Wendy! Dipper!" I called but no answer.

The lake turned to a grey scale of color. The lake got colder, my body froze in place unable to move. " Well, well, well. Look what we have here!" A voice came from the air, but no one or anything was in sight. " Show yourself." I demanded the voice. " Sure, why not kid?" The triangle can into view, I then realized it was the same one from the car earlier.

" Where's my friends!? What is this?! What are you and why do you keep following me?!" " Look , {Name} the answers to all your questions are simple really. " the triangle floated around me in a circle. " Well, what is it!?" I was now panicing. " Here, get comfortable." The creature used some magic or something to place me on the grass. Placing a towel around me he continued to explain.

" The name's Bill Cipher. You're friends are fine, for now. You're in the dreamscape, also known as my realm.The reason I've been following you, kid, is you caught my eye." " I'm not a kid, I'm 15!" " You're actually 14 turning 15." How did Bill know that? I never told him a thing? What was he and what did he want with me?

" Look, {Name} I'd love to stay and chat but I've got things to do." Bill trails off before disappearing into thin air. The color of my surroundes turned back to their color. Wendy and Dipper were still talking and Mabel was sticking stickers on her face.

What was that? What did Bill mean by I caught his eye? I'm on the water's edge trying to figure this one out.