Prologue

It was dark and it was raining, the perfect cover for the mission such as this. A blur of shadow broke away from the tree line and ran towards the castle, then jumped(leaped) and began climbing the wall.
   He had been watching the castle for days and finally knew when the guards changed watch. Still, it would have been impossible to infiltrate the castle if most of the soldiers weren't weren't guarding the royal family. He allowed himself a small smile. His master had planned the Kings assassination perfectly. Now less people would get in his way as he stole the glory of the kingdom, the....... No, he could not think about that now. He had to cross the wall first, and that would require all of his concentration.
    He was almost at the top, when he reached upwards and found no hand holds. In the dark with the stone slippery from rain, going back would be risky, but continuing up would be suicide. Cursing under his breath the man navigated to a safer spot. Finally, his arms shaking from exercition the man lifted himself past the battlements to the top of the wall. A solitary soldier stood at his post, gaping. Before he could raise the alarm the man walked up and slit the guards throat. The soldier fell, and never moved again.
    Years ago, murder would have bothered the man, but now it was just a part of life and a waste of time. Bending down he put on the soldiers uniform and proceeded down into the castle. The outer wall protected the barracks and the market. There was nothing of interest here. What he wanted was hidden by the inner wall.
     Dressed as a soldier, the man walked to the inner wall. He did not relish the idea of scaling a second wall in the rain. The man heard footsteps behind him and froze. Turning around slowly, he saw Captain Powel frowning at him. Remembering his disguise, the man hoped that his cowled hood would hide his face.
    "Sargent, why did you abandon your post?" Barked Powel, frowning." I thought that you were responsible enough to be moved to a post of greater importance, but if you can't even guard the wall..."
   "I'm sorry sir, it won't happen again. I'm trustworthy." Said the man, making his voice hoarse.
      "Are you okay Sargent?" Asked Powel.
    "Yes, just a cold."
      "Well you'll be glad to know  that your new post will be better then the outer wall. You have been relocated to the west tower. Don't fail me."
     "I won't sir," the man replied and then walked through the inner gate.
The West Tower was an anomaly because, despite its name the tower was in the north. There were many tales that said that the tower was cursed. The commoners avoided it openly, and many nobles feared it so that they only went near it if ordered to. Because of this people did not go near the tower it was the perfect place to hide something, something valuable, something that his master wanted, something that he had to get.
------------------
This will be the only chapter in third person, just to let you know. This story I made with my best friend in Virginia. She doesn't have a Wattpad, but she allowed me to do this.
I hope you guys a joy this.
~Rhi🎶