Chapter Two: Alexia

As we were waiting for the guards to tell us that the coast was clear, we talked to each other and slowly forgetting what was happening up above us. It wasn't until we heard rushed footsteps coming towards us, and the door ripped opened. I threw Esta behind me, where mother was, and got into a fighting stance until I saw the guards. I slowly relax, but still stay aware of the surroundings as the guards talk.

"We are really sorry your majesties but the infiltrator is nowhere to be found, but something feels off, we are not sure. What would you like us to do?" The Head Guard, James, asks bowing.

"Has there been a place that hasn't been checked by our guard? We need to get this under control before daybreak, when our people get out of bed." I say, keeping a straight face, not to show my fear.

"Now that I think about it we haven't checked the towers, in them to be precise." He responds after a moment. If they haven't checked in the towers, the West Tower most importantly, our kingdom could go into a downward spiral.

"Well, let's go check. I will not forgive one of you if anything it missing." I spit, grabbing my rapier. I bound up the stairs, throwing the door open, coming face to face with the stench of rotten flesh. My hand flies to my nose, as I try to get of the smell, and move fast towards the West Tower, James following after me.

"How could you be so idiotic to not not check INSIDE the Towers. They hold of my valuable heirlooms of the previous rulers." I all but shout, my time legs moving so fast like I was a cheetah trying to catch its prey.

"I'm sorry Princess. It's just, the towers are so worn from the weather, that we assumed any intruders would think that they were of no use to the Royal family. Forgive me for thinking that, my Princess." His scratchy voice bellows out, bowing his head slightly, keeping up with my pace like I was just a baby learning to walk.

"I will decide if I should overlook your idiocy or not. Just don't do it again, understand James."I say cutting my eye at him, stopping when we get to the West Tower door, which was busted. I look at James, who is pale in the face, and peer up into the stairwell.

"You thought no one would even think of raiding the Towers because of how worn they are. Look what happened because you thought like that James." I screech out, glaring at James, him cowering away.

"I deeply apologize for it princess, let me go make sure it is safe." He says, before disappearing up the stairs into the dark abyss. I just stand here, speechless, not able to get mad at him at all.

After waiting for a bit, not hearing a noise, I rush up the dark stairs, to see a knife beside a fainted James' head, with a crumpled piece of paper attached to it. I shake James until his eyes pop open.

"James what happened? Why are you passed out with a knife beside your head?" I ramble looking to make sure nothing bad happened to him.

"Oh princess. Someone was up here. They were knocking down all the heirlooms, looking for something more. When I came barreling through the door, he was quick to act and was behind me, holding one of his hands to my face. Before I passed out I saw in his other hand he was holding our kingdoms prized possession. Own this means you control all of Aerion, well the humans that roam the land. It was out Sword that neighboring Kingdoms try to steal away. The Sword that has been with us for thousands of years. Princess he stole it, you need to get it back." James rushes out, clinging on to me.

"James get the knife, well the note on the knife." I say, snapping my finger. He nods and grabs the paper and hands it to me.

"Dear niece Princess Alexia,

We have the Sword of Aerion. If you want it back, come to Obliti Mountains. I hope to see you soon, before I take over my brothers Kingdom.

-Uncle Mardor"

I read aloud, before crumpling the paper, wanting to burn it so there was no evidence of my uncle.

"James quickly call the rest of the guards and my family into a royal meeting, now!" I rush out, flying down the stairs and racing down the cobble paths to the throne room. I throw the doors open and look around, finally spotting the painting of my father, the King.

"Father, uncle is trying to take control of Aerion. What should I do? I need some sort of guidance from you to make a wise choice. I don't want this country to be in the wrong person's hands. Please father I need you." I cry out praying to get an answer.

"Sweetie, get the Sword back. It is the only option for us. Take four people on the journey with you. My brother wasn't fit to rule and he never will." An ominous voice says before fading away. I was only able to think about it for a few seconds before the doors bursted open, my mother, Esta, and all the guards walk in.

"Princess I gathered everyone, as per your request." James says bowing. I nod and walk to my father's throne before sitting down and looking at the sea of people.

"So as you all know our Kingdoms heirloom Sword. I need all of our scribes to come to me to make a proclamation to the country. Please go get them so we can get our Sword back quicker." I say and every man went rushing out the door.

Hi guys. I have no idea who all was waiting for this update, but I've finally got it done. I wrote it for an creative essay for class, since I had already gotten so much done on paper. I transferred it to a google docs, so I'm just copying and pasting, so if the story line seems to be missing anything, just comment and I'll look over this and fix it. Thanks🙂