Two - Rachel's Arrival

Annabeth and I went after breakfast to the airport. During the car ride, we sang along to the radio and watched as cars sped past us. We also had to pick Thalia up so we made a detour to collect her.

"Hey Annie and Fish-Face!" She greets enthusiastically, hugging Annabeth and high-fiving me. As Annabeth is sitting in the passenger seat beside me, Thalia gets into the back behind her.

"Have you called Rachel?" I ask as I pull out of the driveway.

"No, but I texted her five minutes ago and she hasn't replied yet." Thalia replies.

"She's probably still on the plane." Annabeth says. "It gets in at eleven o'clock, and it's quarter-to right now."

"Well, we'll be there in ten minutes." I grin.

When we reach the airport, I get a ticket and park the car in the carpark. As Thalia and Annabeth climb out, I put it in the fold-down mirror above my seat then get out. I walk around to the left side of the car where Thalia and Annabeth are waiting. We go into the large building and I stare around in confusion of the busy airport.

"This way," Annabeth says, and Thalia and I follow her to the baggage claim area.

By the time we reach it, Rachel's plane has landed and she's waiting for us - and her bag - by the conveyor belt.

"Rachel!" Thalia shouts, and she gives her a hug. Annabeth does the same and I just smile and shake her hand.

"Hey guys," she grins.

"Good to see you again!" Annabeth beams.

"Yeah. I'm just waiting for my bag, so it might be another few minutes of waiting." Rachel says, glancing over to where bags have slowly started to trickle out.

"So, how was Rome?" Annabeth asks.

"Oh my gosh, it was amazing." Rachel sighs dreamily. "You would've loved it. I stayed in this beautiful hotel for two weeks while I did that course and it was so pretty."

"Next time, take me with you!" Thalia whines. "I wanna see Rome!"

"I'm not going back for another eight months." Rachels replies. "I'm off to Vancouver after London, though."

"Well, Annabeth here," I pull my Wise Girl into my chest and wrap my arms around her waist. "Is working for an architecture firm already. She's designing heaps of buildings, and is also designing our new house!"

Rachel grins. "Well done, Annie!"

"Don't call me Annie." Annabeth says.

"Ooh! There's my bag!" Rachel hurries over to her suitcase and pulls it off. She extends the handle and rolls it behind her. "Lets go!"

On the way out, I put my ticket back into the machine and pay. "We're going out for lunch, right?" Thalia asks. She's sitting in the passenger seat this time while Annabeth and Rachel are in the back.

"Uh huh," I reply, before adding, "then that museum you wanted to go to."

"Cool," Annabeth says. I smile as she and Rachel start up a conversation on architecture.

Sorry for not updating.