Three - At The Museum

Thalia, Rachel, Annabeth and I went out for lunch at a nice quiet café near the museum we were planning on going to. I had a bagel and some chocolate cake, while Annabeth, Thalia and Rachel shared a platter of sandwiches.

The museum was for art, so it barely sparked any interest in me. Thalia was just curious to see the ones with blood, guts and gore while Rachel and Annabeth took the time to wander around and chat about the paintings.

While the girls were looking around, I went down to the gift shop. There wasn't really anything interesting there; just some cheap stuff, so I decided to look around. My ADHD definitely wasn't helping either.

I am literally the definition of hyperactive - wait, no. That was my friend Leo. I was almost the definition of hyperactive. If I got bored, I fidgeted, and my hands seemed to have a mind of their own. I was repeatedly told in class not to tap my pen on the table, and when that was taken away, it was my fingers. Then I would be sent to the principal's office for disrupting the class, resulting in detention on more than one occasion.

Sighing softly, I head out of the gift shop, hands in my jacket pockets. There was nothing to do here except look at paintings and wander around.

I walk down multiple corridors in the general direction of where I think the others had disappeared to. As I walk, I thought about Annabeth. She was someone who was not only my girlfriend, but my best friend. We were probably complete opposites in a way, but we'd been together for four years.

As my footsteps echo around the hallway, I realise that I've gone the wrong way and am completely lost. Turning back around, I head back towards the entrance as my phone buzzes.

Annabeth: Where are you?

I check the time to see that it's already eight minutes past three o'clock, a few minutes later than the time we originally agreed to meet back.

Percy: Sorry Wise Girl, I got bored.

I walk back downstairs to the entrance where Thalia, Rachel and Annabeth were waiting.

"Took you long enough." Thalia comments.

I sigh. "Geez, sorry, I got bored." She smirks at me and the four of us go back to the car.

On the way home, we have to stop at a red light. When it turns green again, I drive through the intersection, being the first car in line.

Suddenly, I see a car speeding towards me out of the window on my right. It's a car going through a red light - and it's speeding right towards us!