f o u r

Zoe roamed the dark woods, the large trunks blocking most of the night sky, the leafs rustling between each other. She didn't want to be in sight of Elena, she thought she was selfish and cruel. Damon was slowly slipping from her mind, but Zoe knew he would always be kept. Somewhere is where he is, probably sucking people dry of their blood. It was truly disgusting and horrible, but no one was ever in control of someone's humanity.

She had her arm extended out, practising on her own magic. After chants left her lips the leafs around Zoe were circling her. The wind getting stronger as her hair danced with the wind, it felt wonderful to finally let loose her magic. Zoe dropped her arm, everything turned still, the leafs now layered on the floor. It was amazing to what she can do.

"There you are." Someone familiar had called.

Zoe turned around to see Kai. He had a black winter coat around his torso, simple dark blue jeans pairing with brown boots. Zoe admired his presence before walking more towards him.

"Why are you here?" Zoe asked in wondered, her eyebrows furrowing.

"You just took off and we parted our ways to find for you, come on we have to get home and start searching for Damon." Kai had stated, grabbing hold of her hand and pulling her with him, Zoe stopping him as she shook her hand off of his.

"No." Zoe argued.

"What?"

"I said no."

"Why?"

"I don't want to, she hates me."

"You are being ridiculous, come on." Kai tried once more, but yet again she declined to go home.

"Don't you get it? It's always her, she's always the one who steals my crushes, the one who is always way more prettier. I mean come on we are twins, I don't get it."

"If you're talking about Elena, don't worry, because I like your eyes better." Kai admitted, eager to have Zoe taken home.

"We have the same eyes, stop lying."

"No," Kai started "your eyes are bigger and a lighter shade of hazel which makes it look more appealing. Now come on let's go, it's getting late."

Zoe looked at him, she couldn't believe someone had said that. But it was never her, never.

"I want to runaway."

"How come?"

"It seems like the better option, do what Damon did and runaway and never be seen again. Everyone will be happy like that."

"Uh no, stop being like this because we're going home now." Kai said lightly tugging at her hand.

"But Elena."

"What about Elena? She's your sister, not enemy." Kai exclaimed, his hand finding its way to Zoe's, ready to just pull her away in the direction of the house.

"I hope you know what you're doing." Zoe said through hesitation.

"Don't worry, I always do." Kai whispered before using his magic from another witch to bring them back to the house.

"Kai?" Zoe asked as they stood outside.

"Yeah?"

"Please keep me safe."She said what she wanted.

"Always."

-

Working on a longer chapter.

How did you like this chapter?

And how many of you guys still read this?