s e v e n

"Are you insane, Zoe?" Klaus' voice boomed across the hallways of the house located far from civilisation. Her brother was upset at her decisions, even if Kai did forcefully have her transported to a carnival he soon bailed on.

"Maybe." Just as Zoe was conquering her fears with guidance, Kai leaves. Her hand buried in the wild curls of her hair as the other hand was used to support the thick transparent glass, full of strong liquor.

"You could have gotten hurt."

"Find Damon first, then say that. He's the one who has cast this ridiculous spell on me."

"Kai left her, she's depressed, not surprised, not even the slightest." Elena hissed, entering the room where both Zoe and Klaus were located.

Klaus furiously whipped his body to meet the presence of Elena, he was not in the greatest mood and Elena should know of it. But as Klaus connected gazes with Elena, a presence was felt within her eyes, it was strong and perhaps heavily forceful. Klaus proceeded to pin Elena against the oak wall, his eyes mentally cutting through Elena's eyes to see farther into her mind.

"Katerina?" Klaus softened, whimpering slightly as he then returned his scowl expression.

"Klaus, if you didn't notice we are doppelgängers of Katherine." Zoe explained, watching as the corner of Elena's mouth lift in a rebellious smirk. Something Elena was not so capable of doing even if she were to be compelled by a natural vampire.

"Yes, I'm not an idiot." He rolled his eyes to the point where it looked ever so painful, but Klaus cancelled out the pain ever brought upon himself.

"I'm not Katherine." Elena struggled against Klaus' grip against her neck, her feet helplessly dangling from the certain height Klaus kept Elena at.

"Your eyes, I can always identify the pure darkness in your ey - "

"Brother, please stop." Elijah entered the area, staring in such bewilderment as he witnessed Klaus pinning his younger sister to the wall.

"Yes, Klaus please." Elena glanced over to Zoe, rolling her eyes as she then continued to uphold her smirk, Zoe felt quite uncomfortable and disclosed from everyone within the space given.

"I need to," Zoe raised her head to level with her siblings, she had not noticed the great deed her brothers had done for her, purchasing this house to be safe from the civilians not only from Zoe but every member of this household "clear my head."

"Of course, young pure Zoe leaving to clear her mind full of Kai's leave scene, you thought someone would actually find the will to love you." Elena spat, her hisses echoed through Zoe's head like as if a gong was forcefully hit.

"Elena, what has gotten into you?" Klaus furrowed his eyebrows, tightening his grip on her neck as he grew with fury.

"Release her." Elijah demanded, he did as commanded as he stepped backwards not wanting to be in contact with the person who was being unpredictably rude.

Zoe felt the need to do something in her power, but something strong and powerful was holding her back to go forth with any action she was playing in her head. It was quite unusual, she felt as if she knows what happened to forgetting a certain part in her life, but yet again she feels as if she doesn't know more than a single detail.

"Stay in the backyard, we will discuss the situation later." Klaus said through hardly gritted teeth, while his gaze still fixated upon Elena which he believed was Katerina, or more known as Katherine.

Zoe exited the room, feeling no need to use her magical abilities to transport herself from the lounge to the backyard. She needed much more time to think and reflect, her eyes wanted to just roll back and replay every event that has occurred in her life. Zoe walked along the large backyard infested with vast trees and flowers that grew many metres high into the glistening sky. Her hands travelled to her eyes, she wanted every broken memory to fade and not to be left as scars that are still so deep to be cured. Zoe felt lonely and misunderstood in many ways, only before did she think Kai could understand her broken pieces and how they came to be, but the sudden disappearance had answered everything that Zoe had questioned about Kai.