s i x

Zoe's eyes followed along the words written in complicated Latin, she read page after page about the many spells yet to be discovered by her power. Damon had casted a dangerous spell on Zoe, something far too powerful to be taken away with one small click of a finger, this meant Damon would have used the ghostly spirits of ancient witches to generate the powerful dark magic. Her hand was brought out for her eyes to examine, levelling it with a small notebook that was spread across the large wooden table. The power that Zoe contained was set on the book, as it rose to a minimum that she desired.

The notebook then fell from her connection as a heavy mug connected with the desk, Zoe's eyebrows raised in confusion as she viewed Kai watching over her whilst setting a coffee made entirely by himself. Kai smiled as they met eyes, a small jump of excitement wavered in Zoe's stomach. This had resulted Zoe to smile with much awkwardness, turning away as to hide the blush that crept among her soft cheeks.

"You have been reading that since this morning." Kai broke out, continuing to tower over Zoe as she allowed the hot coffee to be consumed by her.

"If I need my mortality back then I will do whatever in my power it takes to find a certain spell to do so, Elijah ordered his people on a search to find Damon. He is the one who made me immortal, he is the one who I once loved, he told be before he turned off his humanity that I needed to live a simple and happy life with someone that was not a blood sucking creature." Zoe didn't stop to then consume her coffee, she didn't want to waste another second on talking nonsense with Kai. Her eyes widen as Kai brought his stolen magic upon the hex book and threw it hard against the wall, he only wanted the best for her, while she wanted to ruin her immortality on a spell book that was supposedly save her from the worlds trouble and evil.

"Lets do something fun."

"What do you suggest?" Zoe asked absentmindedly, groaning in disapproval.

"There's this carnival I would love to take a special girl to, but my only question is if she would come?" He responded, Zoe put in mind that he would chose Elena to bring him happiness, she was feeling odd towards Elena and it felt all sudden to be hating on her sister that vowed justice for each other.

"Elena is all yours, I have nothing to bring for you."

"Elena? She is the last girl I would possibly take on this enjoyable carnival, but her twin sister seems way more better." Kai smirked larger, not seeming to have stopped.

"Even if I were to go with you, I have been advised to stay here until I'm ready to be exposed to the world outside."

"You aren't really going to stay in this house they purchased miles away from any civilian?" Kai was eager to have convinced Zoe to side with him, wanting to saviour the carnival rides with only Zoe and no one else.

"If it means for the safety of you guys and the people out there, then yes." She buried her head deeper into the thick book of spells and certain Latin words to summon great power from within, attempting to block Kai's dangerous and mischievous plans.

"Too late, darling." Kai simply touched the skin of Zoe's shoulder, a sudden push of air was swaying against their bodies, finding themselves at an entrance of a carnival that Kai was speaking of.

"What the hell, Kai, take me back now."

"Make me, sweetheart." Zoe narrowed her eyes, but softened at the touch he still had against her shoulder.

"I will take you down." Another attempt of trying to sound tough, but Zoe regretted her words.

"Those words are wrong in every way." Kai snicker deviously, nudging her shoulder as they continued to stand in the middle of the crowd as they didn't seem suspicious at all by their sudden arrival.