Chapter 3

---Main POV (No name yet)---

I felt weak. The cold concrete floor beneath me was hard and when I finally woke up and allowed my eyes to focus on my surrounding, I was shocked. I'm almost sure the last memory of last night was of Killer Croc stomping over towards me. I looked around and saw him, sleeping peacefully beside me. I had the urge to scream, but covered my mouth and produced a muffed scream. He groaned in his sleep and jerked to face me.

Oh god he's probably saving me for breakfast. I better run while I have the chance...

I slowly shuffled my way towards the ladder, but kicked a pebble in the process. The sound echoed from the sewer walls and I saw his bright yellow eyes shoot open. I was paralyzed. He stood up and growled a yawn and slowly walked over to me. He towered over me and roared in my face, causing me to fall to the ground and whimper. His eyes softened and he crouched next to me.

''Who are you, and what are you doing in my lair?'' he softly asked.

''My name is Azalea. I was hiding from the police. I'm sorry I'm here, it's very rude, I know this now...''

''Why are the police after you?'' he asked me. I looked up at him, and I can see the curiousity in his eyes.

''I...killed some people...I don't really want to extend on the subject if it's alright with you.'' I flinched at the memory and felt my eyes stinging with tears, which I refused to release. If Croc found me weak he would eat me. 

He growled and looked upset. Then his face went emotionless as he said ''Stay here and don't move. I have your scent so I'll find you anyways. I'll be back in 10 minutes.'' and jumped into the water. I wondered where he went, but decided he was going to eat. Speaking of eating I really need food...

I layed back on the concrete and waited for him to return. I seem to be on his good side and if I ran away he would find me and kill me. After a while he came back looking satisfied. He went towards me and dropped some meat. I gave him a horrified look and he said ''Don't worry, it's not human.'' answering my unasked question. Raw meat huh? Better than nothing. I took a bite and truely it didn't taste so bad. I ate almost everything, and I can feel Croc staring at me. 

I wiped the blood from my face with my sleeve and grinned widely at Croc. ''Thank you so much for the food! So...''

He smiled widely as I got a look at his huge sharp teeth, almost shark like teeth. I gestured my hand towards his arm, giving him a look that said 'May I feel your arm?' 

He nodded and I felt his scaley arm beneath my soft skin. My eyes widened as he gave a deep chuckle. I began to blush.

''Look Mr. Croc, I'm not exactly in-the-know around here, so I would like to know your real name'' I said with a puppy face.

''Waylon Jones. Wanna know my story to cupcake?'' he said as I shaked my hair violently.

He began telling me his past. About his disease and the teasing he got as a kid. How he never felt accepted by anyone. When he was done, I raised my arm to touch his face. He stood up quickly and studdered ''I-I-I don't need YOUR sympathy. I'm used to being alone. The past doesn't faze me, nor does it make me feel sad.''

I sighed. ''Well I guess I should leave then...I hope I get to see you again.'' I said, not wanting to leave. He sighed and said ''Well I guess you should. Goodbye Azalea''

That was the last time I saw Killer Croc...at least for a while.