Chapter 6

This went on for almost 5 months. Every day I would go to Killer Croc's cell, gave him his meal and we would talk, sometimes for hours. One day as I entered work late, I saw Batman with Joker. He escaped not to long ago and Batman was bringing him in. He said something about not trusting him and decided to walk Joker to his cell. I walked with Joker, Batman and a few guards since they were walking in my direction. We reached the elevator, and I wasn't really paying attention to what was being said. I heard Joker say ''Croc old boy! Is that you?!''

I raised my head up, seeing the elevator slowly come to a stop. I could hear his loud breathing as he slowly began to exit the elevator. The guards were telling each other to keep the weapons on him. As he exited the elevator he sniffed the air and faced Batman and I. ''I've got your scent Batman. I will hunt you down--'' he was cut off as he was shocked by the collar. I could only look in horror as he yelled. I heard a man say ''Get that animal under control! Now'' and I replied in an angered voice ''HE'S NOT AN ANIMAL. STOP SHOCKING HIM! HE'S HAD ENOUGH!!!''

He shook his head and continued ''A toy collar won't stop me from killing you Batman! I'll rip you apart, eat your bones'' he said as he started to walk towards my office. I was about to run off before I heard Joker say ''That reminds me! I really need to get me some new shoes'' as he shaked his feet. I couldn't help but giggle at the comment. His face light up as he proclaimed ''Now THIS Doc ain't so bad! She's got a sense of humor!! I like ya Doc! What's your name?'' 

''Dr. Azalea Nashton. Nice to meet you Joker, I would stay and chat but I gotta get to Croc. Talk to ya later!'' and I ran off to catch up with Waylon. When I came to my office he was already sitting patiently in my office. When I entered, before I could apologize for being late, he said ''So, is that your boyfriend?'' referring to my picture on my desk. I can sense anger in his voice and I laughed at his jealously.

He gave me an angry look and waited for my answer. ''No need to worry Waylon, that's my brother. And why should you care if I have a boyfriend or not?'' I said with a smug grin plastered on my face. 

He studdered random words, looking for something to say but I stopped him, telling him it didn't matter. We carried on with our usual session and before I knew it, it was over. The guards took him down stairs and I was alone in my office. Around 6pm I went to Croc's cell with his dinner. Before I entered the cell the light flickered. Not long after I heard screaming and feet stomping. I can hear the computer voice telling us that everyone is escaping. I ran inside Croc's cell and locked the door behind me, not that anyone would mess with Croc anyways. I walked into his cell and yelled that it was me. He soon came from outside of the water and he looked confused by my frighten face.

I told him what happened. How everyone is escaping and Joker has taken over. Waylon reassured me no one would hurt me, as long as I stayed with him.  So we layed down, our backs against the wooden platform and talked for what seemed like hours. I scooted closer and closer to Croc, and eventually he took my small hand into his large hand. We intwinted our fingers together  and soon he released my hand and shifted himself so he would prop himself up on his right side. His hands touched my face so softly, almost like he was scared I would crumble at his touch. I began to blush madly and just as we were moving closer for a kiss, we heard the wild cackling of Crane. 

''Don't do it Crane!'' I can hear Batman exclaim. As I turned to Croc, I can see he was already gone. I heard Crane laugh manically again as I walked to the exit of the cave, only to see Croc attack Crane. He raised a screaming Dr. Crane above his head and roared. Batman swiftly threw a Batarang at Croc's collar, the shock obviosuly hurt Croc as he threw himself into the water. Another moment passed and I can see Batman trying to think of a way to get to Croc's cell. Croc popped up not long after and carried me in his arms. I can see Crane still unconcious and thrown over Croc's shoulder. 

''Where are you taking me?''

''Somewhere safe. Somewhere Batman can't reach you or Crane''

We soon reached a dead end, but when I looked up I saw the roof was hollowed out. Croc helped me inside and passed me Crane. 

''Don't move. And barricade the enterance. I don't want Batman finding you.''

I nodded in agreement. I covered the enterance with a couple of wood planks and walked over to Crane. For a hollowed roof it was big. I checked Crane's breathing and heard a faint breath. 

He probably has water in his lungs!

I quickly lifted his mask just above his lips and gave him CPR, I began pumping his stomach and connecting our mouths together to give him air. I did this for about two minutes before he finally responded and coughed water. He took off the rest of his mask and looked at me with icy blue eyes, almost identical to mine. A smirk grew across his face as he said ''Enjoyed that kiss gorgeous? I know I did'' and winked at me. A blush grew on my face and I looked at the ground. Crane placed a finger underneath my chin and lifted my head up so I would face him. I finally got a good look at him.

He had brown wet, slick back hair. He was extremely handsome. He had light blue eyes that reminded me of my own eyes. His face was very chisled and detailed. When he smiled I noticed he had small dimples. Just looking at him created butterflies in my stomach.

''Don't look down pretty lady. I won't be able to see your face if you do'' he continued.

He leaned in to kiss me, and I didn't object. The minute our lips met I felt the butterflies in my stomach dance and I can see fireworks. It felt so wrong...but so right at the same time. I can hear Croc walking back here and I reluctantly ripped myself from Crane's grasp. 

''Don't tell anyone about what just happened.'' I warned Crane.

He looked hurt, but I continued ''It's just that...Croc and I are together...'' and he reluctantly nodded. I heard the wooden planks I placed to hid our enterance being broken. Croc lifted his head up and told us Batman was gone. He helped me down and Crane after. I couldn't look Crane in the eyes. We all walked outside of the cell and Croc told Crane to leave.

''Can't we help him? I mean, we can all go to Gotham together and find a hideout right? We can work together!'' I suggested. 

Croc gave me an intense look and thought silently to himself. After a minute he finally responded. 

''Crane, if you want you can join up. But remember, you betray me and you'll be my snack.''

Crane's smile grew as he faced me and hugged me tightly. Immediatly Croc picked Crane off of me and grew angry. I calmed him down and we all walked together outside of the sewage before realizing we had no plan on how to get off the island...