Chapter 4

*******3 years later*******

I skipped home from an amazing interview at Arkham Asylum. I got a job after finishing college for my masters in psychology. I haven't thought much of Waylon, but when I did I got butterflies in my stomach. Tomorrow I would start my first office day working as a Doctor! I quickly got home and jumped into bed to sleep for tomorrow. Life was finally changing and I was so excitied for a change.

The next morning came by quickly. I wore a black skirt and a green button up shirt with my white lab coat and combed my hair into a pony tail. I took a taxi to the asylum and paid the man. I walked inside to see a kind lady welcome me with a warm smile. 

''Hello, welcome to Arkham Asylum. I can see by your lab coat that you are the new doctor I heard about. Welcome to the Arkham family! We're glad to have you on board. Here are your files, and I am going to warn you, you have to patients that aren't going to greet you very well. Don't let them intimidate you. Don't show any fear and you'll be find sweetie!'' I smiled warmly at her concern. Ever since that incounter with the man who tried to rob me and Waylon, I've learned to always keep a knife close and have taken some fighting classes. I've officially learned how to snap a man's neck in 3 seconds. I walked to my new office and read over the files. I had Edward Nigma, Aka The Riddler, and Waylon Jones.

After an hour I've succesfully read over Edward and Waylon's files and knew everything about them. I heard a knock on my door and I allowed them to enter. A man walked inside and shook my hand introducing himself as my personal guard. After a brief talk we heard another knock and two men walked inside my office restraining Mr. Nigma. I walked over to my desk and asked them to release him and leave.

It was just him and I. Sitting in the small room, face to face. I cleared my throat and pressed the recorder to start. I started to speak.

'' Patient interveiw 1. Patient's name is Edward Nigma, also known as The Riddler. Hello Edward, my name is Dr. Nashton. You may call me Azalea, if you'd like. So Edward, I've heard you liked to use riddles and your trivial knowledge to taunt the inbecles. Am I correct?''

He smiled and nodded. I continued ''I know you've heard this before, but I would like to know about your childhood.''

''Miserable. Next.'' he answered with a frown and annoyance in his eyes.

''But that is where your fascination with riddles began. I believe discussing those years can explain your compulsive behavior.'' I said, trying to reason with him to expand on the subject. 

He sighed heavily ''Very well...my father hated me. Always called me a moron. I was determined to prove him wrong, so I entered a contest at school. A twenty dollar prize to the kid who can figure out an almost impossible logic problem. I won, of couse'' He stated with a smile full of pride.

I smiled warmly and said ''Of course Edward. Did that please your father?''

The smiled quickly vanished as he continued ''Hardly. He was convinced I had cheated. He kept yelling You must have cheated! Admit it, you moron! You cheated! I swore I didn't and he hit me for lying.

My eyes widened and I walked over to him and placed my hand over his. ''I'm very sorry to hear that Edward...''

He smiled smuggly at me and laughed, before saying in a cocky additude ''Don't be. He was right.''

Confusion swept over me and I realized how foolish I had been. I walked to my chair, blushing, before coughing and said ''I think that is all for today. GUARDS.'' 

And with that, he was taken to his cell.