Chapter 7

We all sat there for a while, trying to think of a ways to get off the island. For Croc is was easy, he could just swim. But Crane and I couldn't swim all that way, we would get exhausted.

''You're still a doctor, so you can just take a boat right?'' Crane asked.

''Well yes, but I'll need to sneak in to actually steal a boat for you and I to ride. Maybe...Scarecrow can help if we get him some more fear toxin?'' I replied with a happy attitude.

''Of course Darling. Let's go before Batman decides to check on Croc ol' boy here.''

We all began walking towards the exit of Croc's cell, which Batman tried to lock but Croc opened it with ease. We made it outside of the cell and found some of Joker's thugs talking in a group. When they saw Croc they all ran away in different directions. We took the elevator up before we stopped halfway there so Crane could go into a vent to his secret lab. Croc and I waited, impatiently I might add, before Crane came with a new bag of fear toxin at hand. We made it upstairs and Croc scared off more Joker thugs before we finally made our way towards the front door of the building.

''I'm going to go to Gotham quickly and go back to the sewers. I'm going back to the same area where you and I first met, so meet me there. Good luck.'' he said before hugging me gently. His scales were cold against my flesh, and I kissed him on the cheek.

I ran towards the dock to see a empty boat already there. We jumped in and looked desperately for the key. Scarecrow moved me out of the way and hot wired it. The engine roared to life and I drove towards the bright city of Gotham. Crane went up behind me, gently placing his hand on my shoulder and said ''So we're really not going to talk about--''

''Do you really want to be known as the guy who stole Killer Croc's girlfriend? Do you know what he would do to you? He would eat you. He wouldn't give you a quick death, he'll make you suffer. I recommend we stay friends, okay? I mean, you're a great guy. You're attractive and sweet, a girl will come around a realize that soon.'' I said with a smile on my face.

He took his hand off my shoulder and didn't reply. The rest of the ride was quiet.

*Author's  Note*

Sorry it's so short, I had writers block. The next chapter will be better, I promise!

-Angie OATF