Chapter two ~ Absence and Presence

Chapters two
Absence and Presence

"Lucas."

"Here."

Mr Branson a.k.a the maths teacher, while taking the register, kept walking from left to right and then right to left, as if he were worried or panicked but that wasn't the case; it just looked it. He always seemed to have this impatiency and that included these very fidgety behaviours. Scrolling down the list with his mind, he started the register again, like usual, to delete any errors that may have occurred the first time.

Let me remember, who was in that class?

Well first of all, Mike wasn't in this class; maths was his weak point and so he wasn't part of the higher class. He could never do simple multiplications without having to think too hard. It just wasn't his forte.

Right, so carrying on. In the middle of the classroom, there were the more dedicated students I guess. From the girls, one of them was Bellamy I think and the other I couldn't remember. And then there was Peter and Kris, who were the "dedicated" student academically but were actively as they were both champions in their own games, with Peter for Volleyball and Kris for Chess. I think Chess was it, can't particularly remember.

On one side of the classroom, the desks were full with mostly girls, from gossipy to geeks. It varied. Some I did recognise and some I didn't. However, on the other side, closer to the teacher's desk, four not-having-anything-else to do guys were sitting there, all in different positions within their own comfort zones. Beck was the name of one of them. The one sitting on the fourth row. This guy had a father with a business of estates but he didn't seen to follow in the same footsteps except that they both made things: the father made buildings, while the son made faces into warzones. Then moving up a row, on the third row it was CT, standing for Charles Thompson (I have no idea why they couldn't just call him Charles, may be it was just shorter), who occupied the desk. He was the second heir to his wealthy mother's mobile company and I think he was different to Beck and as far as I could remember he was quite a helpful son. Jake was next I guess, in the line of power, not the line if desks, since he sat at the front. Jake was the heir to one of the most famous music companies "Brekabeats". He lived up to his inheritance; he was taught many different instruments and all were learnt well by him but he excelled in playing the piano. And finally...James. The richest one. He was the wealthiest heir in school, who accomplished many things but also failed at many, balancing them. Despite that, he thought too highly of himself and so his irresponsible attitude let his image fall.

I was sitting at the back with the ability to witness all the different stories since everything was so visible except for the board for people who are short-sighted. The guy that sat next to me w as Eden. He was, like Mike, another friend of mine, except for the fact that according to Natalie, Eden would have a brain. Physical appearances definitely were different. Eden's hazel eyes that consisted of his asian decent and black hair was completely different to Mike who had his rich blue eyes. Damn it. I have to describe a few more people like this; I think I'll just make a few "people" files instead.

FILE NO.01
Name: Michael Grey (Mike)
Age: 16
D.O.B. July 20th
Physical Appearance: Blue eyes and blonde hair
Specialties: Yet to be found.

FILE NO.02
Name: Eden Lee
Age: 17
D.O.B. June 17th
Physical Appearance: Hazel eyes and black hair, 6ft tall
Specialties: Blackbelt in Taekwondo

Radio and Tiara are the next people I need to describe; they were seated in their own desks on Eden's side while Jess sat alone on the desk to my right. Now Jess is...okay this could go on forever. I'll just say they were all my friends and here are the rest of the files: