Chapter five ~ Looking through the fields

Chapter five
"Looking through the fields"

I woke up the next morning with my face flattened on my pillow and my leg just aching; I must've slept wrong or too much pressure from my body weight probably fell on my legs. I sighed. I had forgotten to check my leg just because of that girl, wasted my lunch and flat angry the last two lessons. I didn't want to get up and I thought, maybe I'll just stay home for today but I couldn't be bothered to catch up and I need to face it, my life is quite boring in general and so I would have nothing to do, anyway. After weighing the advantages and disadvantages, I ended getting up and grooming myself; wearing clothes an average seventeen year old would wear to college and then completing the rest of schedule and all them things.

Knock! Knock!

"Come in." I shouted at the door which responded with a slow open and with a peek that was unsure of coming in or not, despite my approval. In the end, after a long decisive thought process, the nurse came in.

"Sir, your breakfast is ready."

"Has Gran eaten?"

"Yes, sir."

"I'll be coming down to eat in a bit." I said and then just before she closed the door I asked her, "errmmm...if you don't mind...your name?"

"Naya, sir"

"Right, Naya. I'll make my own breakfast from now on, please don't mind me, you can just focus on my grandmother."

"Yes, sir." And with that reply, she closed the door and left.

After awhile I went downstairs and had
my breakfast, taking my time, since I had the luxury to do today. As soon as I finished my meal, I then went to the door. It was while I was tying my laces, when I noticed a familiar letter. It was from the bank. £1000. Living expenses didn't even amount to half of it, if it wasn't for the daily care the nurse provided, so I never understood why he gave so much money for only two weeks.

***

I gradually made my way towards my English class, as I read the textbook I had in my hands and then I saw her. Seriously, why on earth, did I not know her name? It's nearly been about two days since the hot chocolate incident and even though she was actually in some of my lessons and the teacher had continuously called her for registration, the fact that I still didn't know her real name made me feel like an idiot. I guess you could call me a fool or a troubled douche-bag but I have my moments of being an idiot and a phrase of which I do, called 'procrastinating'. Yes I daydream in class but who doesn't, unless...I'm the only one? No, I'm sure everyone does.

She stood there, piling things into a her locker and taking stuff out at the same time. She still hadn't noticed? How was it important then? I still hadn't given her the necklace, since she had been absent.

Then my eyes saw Jess, who came scurrying. "Alleia! Did you find it?"

Alleia?

Her face changed...from a more straight and normal expression to a slightly frustrated and a slightly saddened expression.

"No I couldn't find it," she replied. "I searched all over the fields for the necklace but it wasn't there."

She was searching for the necklace?

"Hey! Ryan!!!" Max exclaimed. "Did we have any coursework to do for English?"

"Obviously we did, duffas."

"Crapp. Again? Really? Your not joking with me, are you?"

"I'm quite certain I'm not joking with you on this." I assured him. "Just go and finish it as fast as you can in the computer room."