Chapter three ~ Thief

Chapter Three
Theif

Thief? As far as I could remember, I certainly did not steal anything. From my knowledge the last time I actually stole something or anything was...

"Don't look at me like that! Give me back the necklace!" The girl continued with her rage.

"What necklace?" I asked, oblivious, within those three seconds, to the fact that I had a necklace just sitting in my pocket. She looked at me as if questioning if I was stupid, which was a completely unnecessary gesture. Then I realised.

"Peach."

First her eyes widened in shock for a reason that wasn't within my knowledge but then anger began to boil in her. To cut down the misunderstanding and to attempt to cool her down, I tried to explain, "Your necklace...if I'm not mistaken...it says Peach. You must've dr-"

"DON'T call me PEACH!" She yelled at me.

Suddenly, I felt like I was being ignorant; I didn't get angry from all the temper she threw at me and instead I was just...being very distracted. Maybe this was called being cheeky, arrogant-no that wasn't the word-just simply to put it "ignorant". Yes, just ignorant because it hit me. A scent. A soft scent I've smelt before. My eyes moved from the ground in an instant and I found her glaring at me. Her misty grey eyes with their unique glints of silver portrayed a strangely piercing gaze that seemed to half way get to me but get lost in the rest of its journey. Her black hair, her grey eyes, I'm sure I hadn't seen them before but they were familiar to my vision and I couldn't decipher how. Her strong black hair just confirmed that it was the Peach girl but nothing else came about in my mind that could be of solution. Then it occurred to me and I realised-her face was now visible, since her hair was flipped back.

"Sorry...Miss. I think you're misunderstanding something here."

"I don't care what I misunderstood, just give me my necklace."

I put my hand into my pocket in instinct feeling the pearl and the chain tangle in my attempt to grasp it. The silver chain was unusually smooth since it didn't have any twists or turns along its way to its different ends.

"This one?" I asked her for reassurance as I brought the necklace out. As soon as I did, she tried to take it from my hand but unfortunately for her, I was taller than her so all I had to do was hold it high up. I don't know why I did it but maybe somewhere inside me, something told me it would be ammusing to see her frustrated face and it was. I laughed as she tried to take it off me. Her futile attempts were certainly entertaining. But then she kicked me......in my thigh. And it really hurt; she was wearing the "shoes". The "shoes" consisted of very hard but very light metal designed for the safety of citizens but a disadvantageous safety for the ones on the opposite end. So in conclusion, it seriously really hurt.

When I lowered my body in pain, she snatched the necklace from my hand and I lost my balance and tripped over my feet, spraining my ankle. Surprising me, she stuck out her tongue and stomped off. I laughed even more at how childish she was but the pain overwhelmed it a bit. As I watched her stomp away I thought, 'no wonder she got on James's bad side'.

Ow!

"Ow. Ow. Ow." The sound effects of my pain came out, as I got up and slightly hopped to class. The audiences on the sides scattered to spread the new information of Ryan Dallus's humiliation. That wasn't going to help. But who cares; I just needed to worry about my leg, here.

***

"Seriously!" Mike exclaimed. "The transfer girl did that to you!"

"Yes. For the hundredth time." I replied, annoyed.

"Oh, I seriously need to meet her." He said, as he sat on the bench.