SECOND THOUGHTS & PREPARATIONS

I FINALLY GOT AROUND TO EDITING THIS SO I TOOK DOWN MY WARNING. I JUST HOPE I DIDN'T MAKE IT WORSE LOL  

It was requested that I start doing recaps before every chapter so I'm gonna try that. Let me know if you guys like the idea of recaps because if it's helpful I'll keep doing it but if it's annoying you then I'll stop.

RECAP :

Cara was over thinking the whole going to university 1 year early thing so she was like oh I'm gonna go back to high school instead but this time I'm gonna enjoy it but she chickened out and totally ditched her idea. When she was at school Erika the bully slammed her locker door on her shirt which made her late so she got detention. She went to detention saw Jake there but he ditched asap. A teacher came in and let her out early so she mentally happy danced her way home. When she got home, some old family friends were visiting and they told her how much she's changed. Now she's up in her room and its just her and her thoughts so LET'S SEE WHAT HAPPENS

CHAPTER 4- SECOND THOUGHTS

Personally, I don't get why they pick on me so much. Clearly our school's bullying awareness campaigns were a huge waste of time, well for them at least. Nothing ever made those girls feel bad about putting the icing on my hate cake. Is it suddenly a crime to want to get good grades? I was always being complimented on how I strive for academic success... though now that I think about it, these compliments only ever came from adults. But It's not wrong that I would rather be studying instead of wasting time getting covered with M&Ms and Red Bull at a concert filled with vicious fangirls. I don't need wings, thank you very much. If I need to fly anywhere, I have an uncle who's a pilot so screw you Red Bull commercials.

I walked up to the mirror in my room and examined my reflection.

Long dark hair, dark blue eyes hidden by glasses, and fair skin that looked as though it had never seen sun.

I'm not totally unfortunate in the looks department, but I'll admit I'm nowhere near looking like a Victoria Secret Angel.

I stared at my outfit. It was pretty much the same thing I always wore. It wasn't anything special. I was quite skinny so I guess my body was pretty decent, but you would never be able to figure that out with  the way I dress. I'm not saying I wear baggy sweat everyday, I mean I have some dignity! It's just that my clothes never really showed off my figure. Don't get me wrong, I have no interest wearing skirts that are so short it's impossible to climb stairs without being exposed.  Pants that are so tight I can barely sit are also  something I don't intend on adding to my wardrobe. I'm just saying it wouldn't kill me to try new things. I guess it doesn't hurt to mix things up right?

'No harm, no foul.'

'No pain, no gain.'

Those two generic phrases were tip of the iceberg for me because I had just convinced myself to change my mind.

Call yo momma, call yo dad, alert the news! Mission geek to chic is back on!

I spent my entire night preparing.

The full length mirror in my room was a blessing. It made it so easy for me to see what all my outfits looked like. I had every outfit planned for the rest of the week. It was like having my own personal fashion show, except I was nowhere near being like Model of the Year, Cara DeLevigne, who just happened to share a name with me.

I wasn't too sure what my new look would be classified as, but I'll just leave the judging to the rest of the student body. I am one hundred percent sure that whatever my new look was, nerd or geek would not be the words used to describe it. Teen Vogue, InStyle, and other fashion magazines were there to back me up! Not to mention the seemingly endless hours I spent letting self proclaimed  beauty gurus teach me how to do my hair and makeup. When I'm on YouTube, there's no such thing as 'just one last video.'

It's practically a YouTube law.

It was a long night, but unfortunately, I am nowhere near being ready!

I didn't have enough time to make baby steps, so I decided to take a giant leap into the plan. My only plausible solution was to ditch the next day, so I did.

This was a big deal for me. I had never skipped school before. I only ever missed school if I was sick. So convincing myself to skip the second day of school while I was perfectly healthy and capable of learning was a huge deal for me. I like to think that it's just a part of the act. Since I was unsure of telling my dad about all of this, I spent my morning faking sick. He left for work which meant I had the house to myself. Normally, I would take advantage of this, but today I was on a mission. The minute his car had disappeared from the end of the road, I made a quick trip to the mall. Lucky for me, it is in walking distance of my house. There were a few more things I needed to get.

Contacts were in and glasses are out.

I also bought a few clothes to add to what I had already collected over the summer. I didn't want to buy too much. To sell my new look, I had to learn how to act the part. I knew I wouldn't be able to go from nerd to Beyoncé overnight, but I spent the rest of the day watching movies to help me figure out how to act.

My movie marathon ended as soon as my dad came home from work.

"Hi honey! How are you feeling?" he asked as soon as he came in through the door.

I knew I would have to answer this question the minute he walked through the door, so earlier, I spent hours debating my answer.

I decided to just tell him the truth. After all, honesty is the best policy!

"Hi dad! I'm fine but, I have something to tell you" I said nervously.

"Sure what is it sweetie?" he asked with concern.

I just hope he'll understand....

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

IDK I JUST THOUGHT THAT THE WAY I HAD IT BEFORE DIDNT MAKE SENSE. IT WAS TOO MUCH FOR ONE DAY...LIKE HOW DOES SHE HAVE TIME FOR FAMILY FRIENDS, MOVIES AND THE MALL ALL IN ONE DAY UNLESS SHE PULLED AN ALL NIGHTER. I KNOW CARA'S MAKING PROGRESS BUT I DONT THINK SHE'S ON THE LEVEL OF BEING ABLE TO FUNCTION ON ZERO SLEEP SO YEAH. BUT IF U LIKED HOW IT WAS BEFORE THEN LET ME KNOW AND I'LL CHANGE IT BACK OK. I still don't like this chapter though, maybe I'll edit it again later :/

BTW THERE WAS A JANOSKIANS REFERENCE IN THERE ;) DID U CATCH IT?

FOOD FOR THOUGHT: just take in that Beyoncé's entire life is her Beyoncé moment.

It must be nice to be Beyoncé.

since I made a Beyoncé reference I thought it would be fitting to put one of her songs in the social media thingy so enjoy Crazy in Love, its an oldie but goodie aha

THANKS FOR READING! PLEASE VOTE & COMMENT AND IF YOU'RE FEELING GENEROUS THEN FEEL FREE TO FAN ME BECAUSE I'LL FOLLOW BACK :)

BYE!