4 | prove it

word count- 724

carls POV

sitting in the living room of TPA, i have my arms crossed and eyebrows furrowed. i dont know what im gonna do if ivy tells my dad about the gun. i have no idea where to put it. So its tucked in my the back of my pants.

Everyone, other than ivy, is drinking alchohale and its ten in the morning. Ben is quite intoxicated and mumbling things to luke that the rest of us dont need to hear. I stand up, grab a bottle of vodka, and storm out of the house. I start running. I dont know why. None of them have come out to talk to me and no one in the neighbourhood is standing around because TPA is in the very back next to the aluminum walls. I climb over the wall pulling my body over the fence. My foot searches for the bar to stand on. I cant find it. One of my hands slips and i fall off the wall. I land on my back and lift my head turning it around to check for walkers. None. That i can see at least.

I take a deep breath. "Mother fucker" i mutter, laying on my back. I lift my back, supporting myself with my arms and hop up. I start to walk through the woods. I dont know where im going. I just needed to get out. I open the bottle of vodka and take a tiny shot. It burns my throat and i make a disgusted face. I forgot how horrible alchohale is without a chaser. Its horrible in general but more when its straight.

I stop walking and sit against a tree. I weave my fingers in my hair, rest my head on my angled knees and close my eye. Im so damn confused. Im kinda glad my dad and the others are gonna be gone for a while.

Something interrupts my thoughts. I hear twigs and leafs breaking behind me. I look to the side and a walker is two feet away from me. "Shit!" how did i not hear it? I stand up and try to get distant from it before i pull out my gun. Im about six feet away and slide the gun out of my pants. I aim it directly at its head. Cock the gun and bang.

There was no bang. I try again and nothing. Ivy. I check the gun for ammo. That bitch took the ammo out. Its about a foot away now. I back up and trip over a branch. It goes down to try and bite me. Suddenly a knife goes through its skull from behind.

The dead walker falls on my legs. I look up.

"What the hell are you doing?" ivy asks with a bloody knife in her hand.

"Me?! What the hell are you doing? You took my ammo out of my gun and i almost was a walkers dinner!" i stand up shoving the walker off me. She stands there with her hands on her hips with a straight face.

"Well maybe you shouldnt have been a silly little boy and wandered off into the woods alone."

"Im not a little boy" i scowl back and step closer to her.

"Really?" she says with a smirk and steps towards me. Were now inches away, again. Just like an hour ago. She looks me straight in the eye. I get lost in her beauty. Sad brown eyes, small and cute lips, freckles on her cheeks, her slightly large nose. I could stare at her for a while.

Wait what. No ew gross. This is ivy. Shes a cocky, sassy, know-it-all, bitch and-

Before i know it she grabs my shoulder and kisses me. Passionately. Sliding her hand down from my shoulder to my arm to my upper leg. Shivers go up my back. I dont know what to do. Ive never kissed a girl. But it feels really really good, i know that. She lets go and whispers into my ear,

"Prove it."

(a/n)- OH SHIT cliff hanga:)) thank you for reading! I wasnt planning on updating today but i love seeing you guys happy when i update! Thank you for all the positive feedback. Comment your thoughts or concerns or anything really! Ily xoxo

-abbey