Ch. 2: bumping into another bad boy

Summer and Juliet's car to the right :)

•Juliet's Point of View•

I made it to lunch safely that day, no more incidents. Lincoln luckily left me alone. I scanned the lunch room until I found the light brown hair that belonged to Summer.

"Hey," I said sitting next to her. I waved and smiled at the other four people sitting at the table. Alex and Dylan were twins and Jackie was their younger sister, and then Daisy was Summer's sister.

"Hey Jules," Dylan smiled, taking a huge bite out of his shiny red apple. I smiled at him. I used to have an enormous crush on him, would blush whenever he came around, stutter when talking to him. But that passed and now I see him as more of a big brother than a boyfriend. I took a bite of the sandwich I bought.

"So there's this thing going around that you and Link f*cked," Alex blurted out through a mouthful of pasta. I choked on my food and Summer patted my back. I finally got around to swallowing and meeting Alex's nervous stare.

"What?," I choked out. He swallowed his own food and starting picking at a napkin.

"I've heard from several people that they saw you in the hallways talking and then he led you into the janitors closet," he rushed out. My face was beet red and only then did I look around the room and notice people glancing at me and whispering.

"What did he see in her?"

"He definitely lowered his standards. I mean, really, hooking up with a class A nerd?."

These comments kept coming to me. I'm not sure how I didn't notice them before. I guess I was just happy that he didn't bother me again after that incident. Suddenly it felt like the whole room was staring at me, judging me, saying awful things about me. My breath became labored, I started shaking slightly.

"I have to go," I quickly stood up, making my chair fall back and clatter loudly. The cafeteria went silent and every glanced over to see what happened. I made eye contact with Lincoln, who just narrowed his eyes at me.

Grabbing my bag, I practically sprinted from the room, feeling everyone's eyes on my back, like burning coals.

I made it to my locker and leaned my head against it, taking deep breaths, not wanting to get too worked up. My eyes closed as I focused on my breathing and not on what they were saying about me.

I needed to go home. Opening my locker, I emptied the books from my bag onto the shelves and grabbed my jacket.

I slammed my locker door shut and winced at the loud bang that echoed down the halls. A few straggling students jumped at the loud bang and looked at me like I was crazy.

I hitched my bag further onto my shoulder and turned to run out of the school, but ran into someone.

I need to stop doing that.

I fell back against the lockers and winced when the lock dug into my spine.

"Hey, you ok?"

I looked up at who I bumped into and almost died.

Aaron Donavon. One of Lincoln's best friends.

Another bad boy.

"I'm so sorry! I-I wasn't watching where I was going. I didn't mean to hit you," I stuttered out.

He went to reply to me, eyes understanding, not angry like Lincoln's were. But he was interrupted.

"Aaron is she bothering you," a deep voice startled me and sent my heart beating widely in my chest.

That voice.

"Nah man. She just bumped into me and was apologizing. Which wasn't necessary. No harm, no foul, right?," Aaron clapped a hand on Lincoln's shoulder.

"Bumped into you, huh? Yeah I can see that. She has a tendency to do that to people," Lincoln's stormy grey eyes pierced through mine. Aaron's forehead crinkled in confusion before something clicked in his head. He laughed loudly.

"This is her? The one who hit you this morning?," he laughed and pointed at me. My face flamed up when Lincoln narrowed his eyes at me.

"Yeah. That's her," he growled. Aaron was still laughing and I tried to make my escape.

"Well I'll be seeing you then," I said quickly, trying to squeeze by them.

"Use your eyes when you walk from now on," Lincoln sneered. I paled a little and managed to make it outside without anymore confrontations. I shrugged into my soft leather jacket and pulled my car keys out of my pocket.

My shiny blue 2009 Toyota Camry. A gift from my mother. She didn't give it to me, but she had one of her workers give it to me. I haven't seen her for about a month and a half now.

I slid into the drivers seat and started the car. Ain't No Rest For The Wicked by Cage the Elephant came on, loud.

I jumped a little, startled by the loud music. I turned it down a bit and pulled out of the parking lot. When I looked at the school in my rear view mirror, I saw Lincoln, Aaron, and the third bad boy, Robbie standing outside, smoking. Lincoln was staring at my retreating car.

Tomorrow was going to be interesting.

--

Hey y'all. New chapter.
I'm going to try to update at lest every other day. Maybe.

Vote

Comment

And stay tuned

Later my lovelies.

-JulieAnne:)