Ch. 10: friends.

Juliet's outfit to the right.

Thank you

Enjoy

--

Knock knock knock.

"Sissy?" I stored a little at the small pat to my face. My eyes open the smallest amount and I looked at Leanna. She was awake and pointing to the bedroom door.

"Someone's here," she said. I nodded and let my eye slide shut once more.

Knock knock knock.

My eyes shot open again and I practically jumped out of the bed. Racing down the stairs, I tugged a sweatshirt over my head. I looked out the window next to the door.

Lincoln.

I froze a little before opening the door.

"Today's not a good day for tutoring. Sorry," I said quickly, slamming the door in his face. The door stopped before it shut though.

I looked down to see his foot jammed between the wall and the door. "We need to talk," was all he said. His voice was so cold and deep that I felt I had no choice but to comply. I opened the door enough so he could come inside.

"Do you want anything?," I asked in a small voice. All the confidence I had at that party was long gone.

I almost screamed when I turned and saw how close he was to me. Instead I let out a choked gasp and stumbled backwards.

"W-what did you want t-t-to talk about?," I stuttered out, walking back into the kitchen, trying to put as much space in between us as possible. He was silent for a moment and I turned and saw him looking at the staircase.

"Lincoln!," was all I heard before seeing Leanna launch off the stairs at him. He caught her and she wrapped around him like a spider monkey.

My breath caught in my throat. A smile, an actual smile, spread across Lincoln's face. Leanna pressed a kiss to his cheek and buried her face into his shoulder.

"Come on baby. Me and Lincoln have school stuff to do again," I said, watching her pout a little before jumping down and grabbing fruit from the table and running upstairs.

"I think she might be in love with you," I commented," she's usually afraid of men."

I leaned against my counter, a little more steady with the fact that he was here. "What did you want to talk about?"

His face went cold again. "What did Lana do?"

I froze. "What do you mean?" I tried to make my voice sound calm, but the words came out high pitched and shaky. His eyes narrowed and he stalked toward me.

"If Lana ever saw anyone as a threat to try to steal me away from her, she'd do something. The rumor about us sleeping together would be enough."

I gulped and shook my head. "She didn't do anything to me. She doesn't even talk to me. I don't see why she would see me of all people as a threat," my words came out quick and smooth, maybe he'll believe me.

Yeah. No.

In one swift move, he had me pressed up against the counter, one hand holding my hip in place, the other hand going to the hem of my shirt, lifting it.

What was he...

My bruises! I slapped his hand away and try to wiggle away, but he pressed two fingers into my abdomen, making me gasp in pain. They were healing but that much pressure had pain shooting throughout my stomach.

A tear slipped out and rolled down my cheek as he stepped back. I crossed an arm over my stomach. At this point I didn't care if he saw the bruises.

It was my scars I absolutely refused to let him look at.

"What. Did. She. Do?" He growled out slowly. I wiped a hand over my face to catch the tears and ran the hand through my hair.

I didn't want to say anything. What Lana and her minions did to me was my fault and I know if I say anything about it, Lincoln's going to do something. And despite popular belief, I don't want Lana hurt. I hate violence, whether it's physical or mental.

I didn't want to look up into his eyes and spill everything that she did to me in that classroom.

I couldn't stand it if he did something to her or her friends because they hurt me. I can take pain easily, other people can't and a spoiled brat queen bee probably couldn't.

I didn't want to say anything. But I looked up into his eyes and suddenly felt obligated to.

I really didn't want to say a thing.

But I did.

I told him about the texts, the meeting in Mr. Carey's room, her threats, the bruises. His face stayed completely emotionless throughout the whole thing. He stayed silent and his eyes never left my face.

I fell silent after I finished. The room was eerily quiet. I could hear Leanna talking to herself happily in her room, some type of music blasting from her karaoke machine.

I wiped away the few tears that escaped and leaned against the counter again.

Then Lincoln did something I wasn't expecting. He pulled me off the counter and wrapped his arms around my waist in a hug. My shirt rode up a little and his hand was extremely warm against my skin.

I, still shaking, put my arms around his neck and he tightened his hold. My face was buried in the crook of his neck.

"Group hug!," I gasped when Leanna launched herself at us, giving us just enough time to separate and catch her.

"Sissy. Is Lincoln your boyfriend now?," Leanna asked. My face felt like it was on fire.

"N-no baby. He just a... a friend," I said.

A friend. That's all he'd ever be to me.

Simply a friend.

----

Hey guys. Another chapter for you. Sorry about the wait. I've been super busy.

Vote

Comment

And stay tuned

Later babes

-JulieAnne :)