Chapter 19: the bad boys kiss

Thank you for reading !!

Enjoy:)

-------

My eyes felt like they were glued shut. I couldn't move and the continuous beeping in my ear was driving me crazy, but I couldn't speak.

Open your eyes.

Open your goddamn eyes Juliet.

It took me a minute to realize that the voice I was hearing wasn't in my head. I suddenly became aware of the pressure on my hand.

"Juliet. I need you to open your eyes, baby. I swear if you don't today... it's been over 2 weeks," I almost choked when I heard Lincoln's voice.

Lincoln.

I tried my very hardest, focusing all my energy into twitching my hand. His voice caught in his throat and he held my hand tighter.

"You moved. I swear I felt you move. Please open your eyes for me. Wake up Juliet," I could hear the hopefulness and the agony in his voice.

It took me about five minutes to force my eyes open and the slid to the side and connected with Lincoln's ice blue ones. My lips lifted in a sort of smile and I opened my mouth to say something, but flinched and gasped in pain.

"Shh. Don't speak. I'll get a nurse," I wanted to protest against him leaving me, but he was back before I had a chance to, a smiling nurse by his side.

"Oh my goodness. Look at those beautiful eyes. I've been waiting to see those eyes since they brought you here, girly," the nurse chatted while flashing a light in my eyes and checking my charts and blood work.

"I'm nurse Ivy. I was put on your case when you first arrived almost 2-3 weeks ago," she explained. I nodded slowly and smiled.

Lincoln brought a small cup of water up to my lips and I gratefully took it from him and downed the whole thing. I feel like I haven't drank anything in years. He refilled the cup three more times before I set it down and licked my lips.

"Leanna," was all I said. Lincolns eyes flicked over to the door and I followed his gaze over and smiled at my beautiful baby sister.

"Leanna. Come here, baby," I held an arm out and watched my baby sister gasp out a sob before running to me.

"Sissy," was all  my baby sister managed to choke out before tears rushed down her face and she sobbed uncontrollably. Lincoln smiled and excused himself, so I could have a minute with my sister. She curled up on my lap and tucked her head under my chin.

"I'm okay, Leanna. I promise I'm okay," I whispered. Her breaths calmed down and she turned to face me.

"We looked for you, sissy. I promise we did. I'm sorry we couldn't find you," she said in a quiet voice. My breath hitched and I pulled her closer.

"I'm just relieved that he didn't get you, too," I said. 

So relieved he didn't get the sweet girl in my arms.

Natalie came in a little while and lifted my sleeping sister off my lap, with a grateful smile from me. I love her, but my body still hurts and her weight caused me pain. Natalie told me she was taking her home and that they'd be back in the morning and I nodded.

I didn't realize Lincoln was in the room until he cleared his throat, making me jump and turn to see him leaning against the door.

"Lincoln...," I couldn't find the words I wanted to say at the moment. I wanted to thank him, hug him, cry and tell him I love him all at once.

Wait, what?

No no no, I do not love Lincoln. I have a crush, but I don't love him.

Yes you do.

I watched him make his way over until he stood a foot away from my bed. I looked at my lap and tried to hold back the tears that wanted to flood my cheeks. Being away from my sister and Lincoln was the absolute hardest thing I've ever done. 

I gasped when the tiny hospital bed jostled a little before Lincoln pulled my body over to make room for his. My face flamed up and he made himself comfortable next to me. We were face to face and he held one of my hands in between us, fingers interlaced.

A tear slowly slid down my face as I looked into the eyes I thought I'd never see again. I choked on a sob and he simply pulled me closer and let me cry into his shirt. All of the pain and suffering and misery came out in the sobs that I had to hide from my sister. I didn't want her to see me like this, but for some reason, I didn't care if Lincoln did.

Because you love him.

He hooked a finger under my chin and pulled my face up until we were staring into each others eyes again. 

I couldn't comprehend what was happening for a moment. Our eyes were still connected, but now so were our lips. Lincoln kissed me slowly and I felt like my mouth was on fire. I laid a hand on his cheek and started moving my lips against his. The kiss was slow and sweet and everything I've ever wanted.

He pulled away and I buried my burning face in his chest again, feeling it vibrate when he chuckled. 

"Why'd you do that?," I asked, my voice slightly muffled by his chest but I knew he heard me perfectly.

"You'll find out soon enough."

==----------------------

HEY!!!! Whats up? New chapter. Sorry its been a few days. Holidays, you know?

Vote 

Comment

And stay tuned

See ya

-Jules Anne:)