Ch. 3: threatening the good girl

The boys to the right;)

Thank you

Enjoy

---

Juliet's Point of View•

My mother thankfully didn't question my excuse of not feeling well for the reason I was home so early.

She simply kissed my cheek and sent me to lay down. And then went to work. My little sister Leanna was staying at a friends house for the week.

My phone rang loudly, awaking me from the dead sleep I was in on my living room couch. I answered it on the last ring.

"Hello?," my voice was thick with sleep and I coughed a couple times to clear it away.

"Hey darling," Summer's always cheerful voice came through the speaker. I smiled at my best friends voice. That's just what I needed.

"What's up Summer," I lifted myself from the couch and padded into my kitchen to get a bottle of water.

"I got your work for your classes after lunch. And Mrs. Stark wants to speak with you whenever you come back," she explained. My stomach dropped. What did my AP Government teacher want to speak with me about?

"Did she say why?"

"No. She just gave me the book work and said to tell you that she needed to speak to you," she said. I took a drink from my water and talked to Summer for a few more minutes before hanging up and going upstairs to do the work she told me about.

Halfway through my government assignment, my phone buzzed with a text. Thinking it was most likely Summer, I ignored it and went to finish my work.

But it buzzed again. I picked my phone up off the desk and unlocked the screen.

Unknown:

We're talking tomorrow to clear things up.

Unknown:

I don't like rumors.

Me:

Who is this?

Unknown:

You don't need to know that now. Meet me in Mr. Carey's room before school.

I paled a little. Mr. Carey was a science teacher who died when I was a freshman. His room has stood empty and untouched for three years now. Which meant this person goes to our school.

Me:

Okay..

No response. No text back. Our conversation ended at my okay.

Tomorrow before school, I was meeting up with a complete stranger to talk about rumors. I have entirely lost my mind.

I showered quickly and put on sleep shorts and a shirt that was way too big for my petite figure.

I went back into my room, knowing my mother wasn't here, and went to sleep.

--

The next morning was stressful for me.

For one, I was meeting with someone, I don't know who.