Chapter Two

Zayn’s POV

I go to a restaurant just wanting to get out. I just got back from the navy earlier today and I just really want to have fun. I take a seat at the bar when I see a set of black medium length curls rush past me. Is that her? I get up from the bar and chase after the girl.

“Reese!” I yell and she stops dead in her tracks.

It’s really her. I haven’t seen her in five years and now here she is standing right in front of me... crying. I walk up to her and she backs away and bumps up against her car. She looks like she’s seen a ghost.

“Reese what’s wrong?” I step closer and she shakes her head and opens her car door.

“No. This is not happening right now.” She tries to start her car but it’s not working.

“Reese will you talk to me?” I lean into her rolled down window and she avoids eye contact with me completely.

“No. Because I’ve gone crazy. You are supposed to be dead and my car is suppose to be starting.” Her tears have stopped but she still won’t look at me.

“Why would I be dead Reese?”

“Because I haven’t heard from or seen you in five years Zayn. And god why won’t this thing start?” She yells hitting her hands on the steering wheel.

“Because your engine is dead.”

“Yeah like you were five minutes ago before I saw your face.” She whispers loud enough for me to hear.

“Let me give you a ride.” I open her car door but she doesn’t move.

“No. I will call a taxi.”

“God it’s been five years and you’re still just as stubborn you were when I left.” I chuckle and shake my head. She finally looks at me and I see the anger in her eyes.

“Yeah I’m just as stubborn and you’re still just as annoying.” She tries starting her car again and gets nothing.

“Just let me drive you home.”

“Fine.” She sighs and gets out of the car.

I lead her to my rental car and open the door to her disapproval. I know she’s upset with me and she has every right to be, but I just want to spend time with her. It has been five years and all. I get into the drivers seat and start the car. She takes the GPS that is in the front of the car and puts in her address.

“I know where you live Reese. Next door neighbors remember.”

“I moved.” She says flatly not even showing a hint of any emotion.

“Oh. So how...”

“How about we don’t talk. That shouldn’t be too hard for you seeing as you haven’t tried talking to me for five years.”

“I have reasoning behind...” She cuts me off like she used to before.

“Whatever.” I stop the car and she glares at me. I do the same neither one of us breaking eye contact.

“Look I’m sorry. Okay. I shouldn’t have cut off contact with you for five years. So I’m sorry. God. Now get over it. It’s been five years and I’m back now.” I break the gaze and start driving again. I see her trying to figure out what to say but she can’t.

I finally pull up to her place, waiting for her dramatic exit which she doesn’t give. She just stays seated and looks at her hands. I rub my thumb along her knuckles causing her to smile. Finally.

“I will need a ride to work tomorrow, since I don’t have a car. Where are you staying?” Her eyes don’t leave her hands as she speaks.

“At this hotel about twenty minutes from here. I can pick you up in the morning and...”

“Just stay the night.” She looks up at me and smiles. “I have a spare bedroom. Well it’s a den with a pull out couch you can sleep on.” She gets out the car and walks up the stairs to her apartment.

I quickly follow her and enter right after her. It’s a nice size for just her. Neutral colors are all over giving it a home type vibe.  She walks into the kitchen and I sit at the counter waiting for her to say something.

“Um are you hungry?” She asks me holding out some leftovers.

“No I’m fine thank you.” I smile and she places the food back in the fridge.

“So I will show you to your room.” She walks to the back and I follow her once again like a lost puppy. “ I guess you will crash in here. Um the bathroom is down the hall and there are towels in the cupboard, if you want to take a shower. And I have to be at work by 7:15. I usually leave here around 6:30 to get there a little early.”

“Okay. I will be up bright and early.”

“Night Zayn. And thanks for driving me to work and home.” She smiles and walks to her room.

It feels good being back with her. Even if I’m not technically with her.

Yet.

(A/N can you feel the love right now?!?! Lol they are just soo... weirdly perfect! I know it makes no sense but yeah! Xx)