Chapter Seven

(A/N alright I hope to not get any hate for this, but does anyone else notice that everytime Zayn's engagment is brought up around the rest of the boys they all get like awkward or something?!?! Idk maybe it's just me, bbbbuuuuutttttttt yeah at least they won a VMA last night so yay!!!!!)

Zayn’s POV

“So Zayn how are you and Reese?” Clara asks and I shrug.

“We’re doing well.”

“Just well?”

“That’s what I said isn’t it?” I ask cocking an eyebrow at my therapist and she gives me a nod with a smile.

“That is what you said. So how have your dreams been?”

“Alright I guess.” I shrug once more slowly counting down the minutes for this session to be over.

“Hmm.” She trails off and writes something down on her notepad.

“I’m not having them as much anymore.”

“Really?” Clara’s eyes lock with mine and I nod.

“Yeah. I don’t know. It’s like I’ll have them two or three nights straight and then nothing for the next five or four days after.”

“Now when you say nothing do you mean no dreams at all or just no dreams about your time overseas?”

“I mean nothing. Why is that bad or something?” And right when I think I am getting better so Reese and I can move on.

“It’s not bad Zayn. Just interesting. Do you ever speak to anyone about the things you saw over there?”

“No.” I speak flatly and watch her wrote something else on her notepad. “I don’t like that thing.”

“What don’t you like?”

“That notepad.” I roll my eyes earning a grin from Clara.

“Why don’t you like it?”

“It makes me feel like you are writing bad things about me. And I don’t like that.”

“Then I will put it away.” She holds the notepad up and places it by her feet on the ground.

“Thanks.”

“So Zayn, why do you think you have yet to tell Reese about your time overseas?”

“Because...” I trail off and cover my face with my hands.

“Because why Zayn?”

“She’ll hate me.” I speak removing my hands from my face but wiping the few tears before they can fall.

“But from what you’ve told me in our previous sessions she loves you Zayn.”

“She does, but not when she finds out what I did. I just got her back Clara. I can’t risk losing her again.” I speak with my voice cracking slightly from the tears.

“Zayn you hiding this from her is not going to do any good to you or her. She has the right to know don’t you think?”

“Is this session over?” I ask avoiding her question and she nods.

“If you want it to be then it’s over.”

“Good.” I stand from the seat and make my way out of the building.

I go the the grocery store and pick up some food. I decided to make Reese and I dinner tonight. It is Friday and all. By the time she gets home dinner is almost finished. She walks into the kitchen and wraps her arms around my waist and buries her face in my back. I sigh in content missing her being around me all day.

“It smells good.” Her voice is muffled due to her face still being buried in my back.

“Thank you. How was work?”

“Long and tiring. Fridays are always the worst.” Reese sighs and I nod turning off the stove and turning to face her with a smile and lean down to give her a kiss.

“How is your car running?”

“So much better! I have to stop by the shop and thank Louis so much for fixing it up for me.” She grins walking to the living room.

“Hey I helped!”

“Sure you did.” Reese grins and I roll my eyes getting out plates and glasses for our dinner. “Do you need any help?” I hear her stand and walk back to the kitchen.

“No. I’m fine. You go in the dining room and sit. I will be in there soon.”

“Alright.”

I fix up our plates and get our drinks ready. I serve Reese her food first and she gives me a sweet kiss before I go back and get my plate and drink. We sit across from each other and eat in a comfortable silence. My eyes never leave her face as she eats. She will look up at me every once in awhile and make a funny face at my staring and we both start laughing.

“It’s really good.” She smiles and I nod taking a sip of my drink.

“Thank you.”

“So what’s the occasion. Not that I’m complaining or anything. I should get you in the kitchen more.”

“I just wanted to do something nice for you.” I force a smile but know she sees right through it.

“Hmm. Well thank you. How was your day today?”

“It was alright I guess.” I avoid eye contact with her and she sighs. “What?”

“You’re lying to me.”

“What? No I’m not.” I force a laugh and my eyes finally meet hers.

She sighs once again and takes her finished plate into the kitchen. I follow behind her but say nothing. She looks up at me and rolls her eyes heading to our bedroom. I groan and toss my plate in the sink and follow her. When I get to the room I see Reese changing into a pair of shorts and a sweatshirt. She ties her hair up in a bun and glares at me, obviously waiting for me to speak first.

“What?” I finally speak and she scoffs and brushes past me once more into the living room.

“And right when I think things are going well.” She mutters while sitting on the couch and flipping on the television.

“Why are you saying that?”

“Why are you lying to me Zayn! When have you ever needed to lie to me about anything? We’ve known each other for forever and now you want to lie.” She raises her voice and I sigh, rubbing my temples and sitting next to her on the sofa.

“It’s just...”

“Just what Zayn. You know you can tell me!”

“I don’t want to lose you.” I sigh finally looking at her softening face. Reese sighs and scoots closer to me, taking my hands in hers.

“You’re not going to lose me Zayn. I love you remember.”

“Ok. It happened while I was overseas...”

(Ugh I know cliffhanger!!! Love you guys!!! Xx)