Chapter One: Aptitude Test

Hannah stretched against Ingrid on the couch, wincing a bit when her back popped. She glanced at the clock- shit, was it really nearly one in the morning?! They'd started their marathon a few hours before noon. "That marathon was the best, Grid, but I'm super pooped."

"Just don't be too surprised when I cling to you when we walk down the street because I'm walking backwards watching for Weepings." Ingrid teased, holding her hands up and making a scary face so she looked like a Weeping Angel.

Hannah, feigning terror, widened her eyes and pried them open with her fingers even more-so. "Mustn't.....blink...." She said dramatically, cowering back as Ingrid sat before her, frozen. Finally, in a dramatic gesture, Hannah blinked her eyes and, before she could register what had happened, Ingrid tackled her to the couch, pinning Hannah's hands above her head.

"Roar." Ingrid said softly before leaning down to swiftly kiss the blonde on the lips. The girls laid there for a moment before Ingrid stood, reaching down to help Hannah up. "Alright, Doctor, time for bed." She said in her cheesiest English accent.

"As you wish, Rose Tyler." Hannah said with a broad grin, nearly perfectly imitating 10.

"Whoa whoa whoa, why do I have to be Rose and you get to be Ten?" Ingrid said, tugging Hannah into the bedroom and plopping back onto the bed, immediately stretching her arms out for Hannah to lay in.

The blonde girl obliged, curling up into Ingrid's arms without hesitation. "Because you're too gentle for Martha, too tame for Donna, too small to be Amy, and you follow the rules a hell of a lot more than Clara."

"What about Rory?"

"You're too bright."

Ingrid stuck her tongue out at Hannah and blew a raspberry at her. "You just want to be 10. I think you'd be 11."

"What makes you say that?"

"Because you just have a Matt Smith quality about you. You're silly most of the time, but when it comes down to it, you can be super serious."

Hannah blinked up at Ingrid. "Damn. I feel like I've just taken a Doctor Who aptitude test."

Ingrid laughed and leaned down to kiss the smaller girl. "See what I mean? Silly. Goodnight, Hannah. Love you."

"Love you, too, Grid." Hannah said, straining to kiss Ingrid's forehead before burrowing back into her chest, letting a peaceful sleep wash over her.

Or at least that's what she hoped for.