Let's not call it murder

A/N Hello all you lovely readers! If you're looking for a neat sci fi story you should check out Purge The Stars! By BlackbirdsTudios. It's very sci fi but really neat, I liked it. The descriptions are amazing. So if you have a few minutes check it out! And now on to chapter one! Enjoy!! 😀

Prologue

Slowly, very slowly, the black leather chair swiveled to face the large man standing opposite the desk. The man, normally bulky and menacing to most seemed to shrink several inches at the glare the man sitting in the chair leveled on him. His adam's apple bobbed as he swallowed. It was sheer fear that kept him rooted to his spot. Fear of the powerful and lethal man who even now regarded him with cool, practiced eyes.

Dom knew what the man in the chair was doing. How many times had he watched his companion eye business associates. He was baiting him. He was purposely waiting, keeping him in suspense. The man in the chair would not speak until he was sure his opponent was cowed, frightened beyond reason. Until his opponent was almost insane with the desire to please him, the man in the chair would continue his silent torture. Even being familiar with the man's tactics, Dom couldn't help but feel fear. He knew this meeting would be different then most.

Dom had failed his companion. Sent out for a simple purpose and trophy, Dom returned empty handed. The man sitting in the chair was rich, powerful, privledged. He always got what he wanted. One way or another. This time, Dom feared, it would be another.

Dom had been working for his companion for twenty-two years. Since his companion had been a lad, Dom had been around. At first he had been a playmate and constant companion to the boy, in later years he had grown to be trusted confidant and friend. Now in most recent times, he was considered a persuading companion. Dom was the henchman so to speak. He carried out his companions orders without question and dealt with annoying people who bothered his master.

Never for a moment did Dom allow his long-time relationship with the man to cloud his thinking. He knew the truth. The man in the chair, Drake A. Ridry, was a very dangerous man with no outstanding qualities. Of all the qualities he lacked the most of was loyalty. Drake A. Ridry was loyal only unto himself. Nobody, nobody would stand in his way. Of this, Dom knew for certain. His recent assignment was proof enough of that.

Dom stood still under the cool gaze and did his best not to look inpatient or frightened. If his companion sensed any such emotions he would feel his kill and strike. The minutes continued to pass. The only sound in the room was the soft ticking of the clock on the mantle.

Finally, a pale hand extended. "Have a seat, Dominic." The carefully modulated voice pronounced each word with startling precision.

Dom stepped forward but did not sit. If he had any hope to live he must convince his companion of his worth. He must meet him head on. The little rat could sense fear and he played on it. Dom was a big man and he must play on that. Play on that and feel no fear. "I prefer to stand." He growled.

Dom flicked his hand toward the window. "Your brother is more conniving then you planned." He snorted and threw back his shoulders, trying for a confidence that he didn't really feel. "The road that-"

"I do not care about the road or my brother's mind set." Drake Ridry leaned forward in his chair, his long thin fingers were steepled in front of his chest. "What were your orders, Dominic?"

"You know as well as I." Dom hissed.

"For the walls sake, repeat them."

Dom barely held back the annoyed sigh. He was tired of his employers games and thrills. Tired of the man's evil desires. " I am to murder Stefon J. Ridry."