Prologue

"So, what'd you fancy doing today?" Ashton said wrapping his arms around his best friends body and holding him close. Luke responded immediately and placed his arms around Ashtons waist..

They were only friends, but they were extremely close. Although they were both aware of eachothers feelings, they just didn't care to bring it up.

They were what they were. Take it or leave it.

"Hmm, i don't know, gran only has a couple weeks left so I thought we should go see her" Luke replied, snuggling closer to Ashton.

Ashton breathed out a soft sigh "yeah, lets get ready then..." He said, sadness evident in his voice, but mostly just tiredness.

Not tired as in sleepy. Tired as in done. Sick of this bullshit.

He hates how they always have to expect death. As if death isn't already a depressing subject. The world today, from Luke and Ashtons point of view, is fucked. Everyone can see the precise amount of time you have left till you die. And its just depressing really, because there is just no excitement. Everything is expected, and weirdly its not only death.

But not in a literal sense.

Of course everyday things happen that you cant predict, its just life, but theres no excitement.
And without anything being interesting or the slightest bit suprising, everything just feels so expected.

Luke sighed and removed the sheets that lay ontop of there warm
entangled bodies and headed towards the shower.

"Im gonna make some breakfast before we go" Ashton called.

"Ok babe" Luke replied and Ashton felt his heart swell at the nickname.

Ashton made some pancakes while Luke took a cool relaxing shower.

When Luke was done with his shower, he looked at himself in the mirror.

He glanced at the time ticking above his head.

34:437:992 minutes. He shut his eyes tightly before calling Ash.

"Mhm" Ashton said as he approached Luke.

"I- uh- i... How much time do you have left?" He asked with his eyes still shut.

"32,833,939 minutes"

"Damnit, pass me the blade" he spoke again, and Ashton did as told.

This was usual for them. They wanted to keep there time roughly the same. So with that said,

Luke sliced a deep cut near his neck.

It was the place where he would loose most blood quickly, it was risky, but as he saw his time get closer and closer to Ashtons, he just smiled.

When it reached Ashtons time, Ash helped clean up Lukes neck and bandaged it.

Despite knowing that the different things they do and eat affect the time and it'll never stay the same, he just smiled.

But that was soon replaced by a frown.

Even if one of them died, the other would probably just commit suicide but none of them wanted to.

They thought it was selfish. It was the easy way out, instead of staying and helping and trying to change this fucked up world, they just leave.

But maybe they should leave. Maybe suicide is the answer.

Because maybe there is just no helping this world.

The amount of suicide rates were high and humanity was slowly breaking. Like glass, its breaking, leaving the remaining shards of glass helplessly scattered on the ground.

They didn't want to kill themselves.

But they didn't want to loose eachother.

It was all just one big complication that no one really knew how to deal with.

So instead of dealing with it, they ignored it,

And carried on with life.

"There some pancakes on the side, if you wanna eat before we go.?"

"No, lets go see Granny before its too late, im sure there are many other waiting to see her"

"Ok, lets go" Ashton said and intertwined his hands with Lukes.

-:-:-

"So how you been nan?" Luke asked Dorine, who sat with a bright smile on her face.

She was always happy, even in the worst times.

"Im good darling, but for the real question; how have tings been between you and Ash?" She asked whilst Ashton was talking with Lukes mom.

She shipped Luke and Ashton hard. She always saw this spark between them, just like the spark between her and her husband (who unfortunately passed).

"Its so typical of you to ask that nan" he chuckled. The women's literally on her death bed with under a month left to live and shes talking about how lucky Luke is to be fucking such a pretty boy.

"Now just promise me that you two will never loose hope, that you'll always love eachother and that one day, you'll face your feelings and tell eachother exactly how you feel. I dont have long left and all i want is for my babies to be happy, its my dying wish" She spoke in a soft yet stern tone.

"If thats what you want, of course, you know i will anyway. I love him, after being friends for so long, it's possible that ive completely fallen for the gorgeous, giggley boy."

"Then I'll be okay, sweetie" she said in awe.

The time went on, Ashton and Dorine chatting, aswell as Luke.

They looked back on some memories and maybe shed a tear or two. Ashton was basically in all the memories considering how long Luke and Ashton have been friends. And as Ash didnt have much of a supportive family growing up, and doesn't have contact with them now, Lukes family were Ashtons family.

Eventually, the time came where they had to leave and as they walked out hand in hand, they didnt miss the genuine smile that was worn by Dorine.

That beautiful smile was enough to light up the dark.
That bright smile was enough to outshine the sun.

But most of all that perfect smile, was enough to tell Luke and Ashton that everything would be ok in the end.

Because with love they could beat anything life threw at them...

And maybe that was a lie, but her smile was enough to make them believe it wasn't.

•.•.•

Sooooooo thats the prologue?

Why am I questioning it XD

Well im actually happy with how this turned for once ☺︎

So vote and comment? it would mean alot. x

And ily - Anna. x