Forest

I scream, you scream, we all scream
'Cause we're terrified of what's around the corner
We stay in place
'Cause we don't want to lose our lives
So let's think of something better

Down in the forest
We'll sing a chorus
One that everybody knows
Hands held higher,
We'll be on fire
Singing songs that nobody wrote

- Twenty Øne Piløts ~ Forest

•.•.❀✎♡✐❀.•.•

Life for Ashton and Luke was boring, dull, melancholy... Whatever.

It just wasn't pleasant.

But that didn't mean they didn't have a normal life 'routine'.
You see it was quite simple really, as there was no element of suprise, the same thing would situate everyday just with a few expected suprises. Key word, expected.

But sometimes there came those days where both boys explored, escaped from the town (which was against the rules) to go have a little fun.

For Luke and Ashton, their 'normal' routine consisted of them waking up, wrapped up in eachothers arms, bodies pressed together tightly, legs interwined and heavy breathes and and snores being released into the dull atmosphere. And then them just getting on with the day, shopping for essentials or to pass time, going to places they always wanted, visiting family members who were about to die etc.

You would think there's tears and mourning but there really isnt. Of course there are real tears for your really close friends, your parents or siblings but not for people like your grandparents or aunt's/uncle's or cousins unless you were really close.

However when theres over 100's of people dying a day, yes your gonna be sad, but then you'll be sad everyday and sure, maybe this is one prolonged depressing stage but it wasnt depression.

Depression is a mental illness.

They were simply sad. Sad everyday, and although that seems like depression, it really wasn't because you just had to wait, wait until the day came when everything goes numb and you realise theres no point in being sad because this happens everday, so why bother mourning?

But yet is still sad. You could say all it does is stop the tears (for most).

It's confusing, hypocritical even and it contradicts itself. But thats how they were raised; in a world of hypocrisy and contradictions.

So, yeah, there isn't much emotion apart from sadness but in a world like this, who wouldn't feel depressed?

Anyway, today was different, today was an "adventure day" as they called it. That basically consisted of the visiting there special place (which is a forest located out of there town) and just exploring it. They have been doing this every week for the past 2 years, but the forest is so big that they still haven't explored every location, besides its been 2 years since they explored some areas of the forest, so they tend to re-visit.

So they did still wakeup the same way, just with a grin on their faces.

"We still going..?" Ashton asked, nuzzling his face into Luke's bare chest.