[03] Zugzwang

Kelsey's POV

"Okay, so what happens to a person who has a near-death experience and comes out of it seeing things?" Scott asked the gang. We were all currently sat outside school at a picnic table; my brothers Scott and Stiles, along with Isaac, Lydia, Allison and I.

"And is unable to tell what's real or not?" Stiles said.

Sitting opposite me was Lydia, whom was beside Allison, and sitting next to her was Isaac. I was actually going to sit next to my boyfriend, but of course Allison sat her ass down first, not even bothering to move by the way. So, I sat next to Stiles instead, and he sat beside Scott. "And is being haunted by demonic visions of dead relatives?" Allison added.

"They're all locked up because they're insane." Isaac comically answers.

"Ha. Can you at least try to be helpful, please?" Stiles begs.

This is obviously much be frustrating for them all; not knowing what's happening to them. It's even frustrating me. "For half my childhood, I was locked in a freezer. So, being helpful is kind of a new thing for me." Isaac commented. Scott sighed, putting his head down on the table...yes, he's definitely frustrated.

"Hey, dude, are you still milking that?"

"Yeah, maybe I am still milking that." Isaac replied. I was about to step on Stiles foot because he was being an idjit, before the new girl I bumped into yesterday came to our table. "Hi. Sorry, I couldn't help overhearing what you guys were talking about." She started.

"And I think I actually might know what you're talking about. There's a Tibetan word for it. It's called 'Bardo'. It literally means 'in-between state'. The state between life and death." Huh, she seems to know more about this than we do. "And what do they call you?" Lydia asked a little rudely.

"Kira." Scott said, answering for the girl. Oh, of course...Kira, well, at least I knew it began with a 'k', so I didn't completely forget. Kira smiled and everyone turned their heads to Scotty. "She's in our History class." Oh, that's nice. "So are you talking Bardo in Tibetan Buddhism or Indian?" Lydia asked Kira as he played with her hair.

Huh, I like what Kira is wearing, maybe she'll let me borrow her clothes someday...she could be my new Allison. No wait, she won't be my new Allison, she'll be much better...she'll be herself, Kira. "Either, I guess."

I shuffled aside to make some room for Kira to sit down, which she done soon after. "But all the stuff you guys were just saying? All that happens in Bardo. There are different progressive states where you can have hallucinations. Some you see, some you just hear. And you can by visited by peaceful and wrathful deities." More hallucinations, oh that's just freaking great.

"Wrathful deities?" I repeated.

"And what are those?" Isaac asked Kira.

"Like demons." Demons, of course, why not, just when I thought this town couldn't get any worse. The Winchesters will definitely come here now.

"Demons." Stiles specified.

"Why not?" Well let's just hope that they're friendly demons, like in supernatural when Crowley was on human blood, or Meg when she looked after Castiel. "Wait, hold on, if there are different progressive states, then what's the last one?" Allison asked the new girl. "Death. You die." Kira replied simply. Death, well that's just fantastic.

***

Once school finished, I was going to ask Stiles if we could hang out so I could tell him about the kiss Jake and I shared and maybe he'd give me advice on what I should do, but he said that he already had plans with Scott to see Deaton about what's happening to them. Which left me in a bit of a pickle.