[15] Movie Night

Kelsey's POV

I was beginning to drift off to sleep when a loud growl emerged from my stomach causing my eyes to instantly turn towards Stiles. A sense of relief washed over me as I could see he remained fast asleep. I'm glad he's finally getting the rest he deserves, I just hope it'll be enough to get him back on his feet. And for Stiles to fully recover, it's probably best I move back into my room at home, though I will miss the late-night talks and spooning.

It's been good, comforting even. Stiles makes me feel safe and he never fails to make me smile. Going home will be a struggle at first, especially not having Stiles there, but I have to do what's best for him and saying around his house was never permanent, I was always going to end up back at home, granted I thought Isaac and I would be on better terms before that, but I'm okay with just being friends or rather working towards that place.

Carefully removing my hand from his, I unlock my phone to check the time which revealed to be 5:00 pm. Ah, not quite dinner time yet but I definitely need a snack to stop the loud rumbling of my stomach. Reluctantly, I stood up from my chair and walked towards the door, looking back at Stiles before making my exit and quietly closing the door behind. It wasn't long until I eventually found a vending machine, though it became clear I had forgotten my purse when I realised I was wearing Stiles' hoodie.

"Fuck sake." I cursed before annoyingly walking back down the corridor I came from. Trust me to forget something. I came to a halt when I saw Jake a couple of metres away, and he wasn't alone. What is he doing here? And who is the girl he's talking to? Hopefully, they leave soon because I need to go down that way.

Getting impatient, I decided to just go down the corridor anyway. "Hey," I said smiling awkwardly as I approached them. Jake and the mystery girl turned to face me. "Kelsey, I'm surprised to see you here, is everything okay?" Jake asked, while his female friend scanned me from head to toe.

"I'm fine, just looking out for Stiles but he's going to be alright now." It was definitely awkward, and I couldn't help but feel a little uncomfortable under the gaze of this girl I've never seen before. Is she from around here? "Right, right. That's good." Jake said distantly before realizing that he hasn't introduced his friend. "This is Lucy, she's my sister."

His sister looks nothing like I expected. "Oh, hi. It's nice to meet you, Lucy." I smiled, glad to finally meet Jake's sister. Where has she been hiding all this time? Maybe she's just always busy and doesn't spend much time outside of work, I get it, it's the same situation for my mom. "You too, Kasey," Jake's sister responded, completely getting name wrong even though Jake not long said it earlier. I suppose it was just a slip of the tongue, it's happened before, though it's annoying as hell.

"Anyway, I have to go run some errands, see you later Jake." She continued before heading off in a hurry. "She seems nice," I mentioned to Jake once Lucy was out of sight. Jake chuckled to himself. "Yeah, she is, though annoying too." I laughed, knowing all too well what it was like.

"So, what are you doing here?" I asked curiously. Shouldn't he be in school right now? Well, unless he has a free period. Though that wouldn't explain why he's here in the hospital at this time. Perhaps he saw me leave and followed me here? "Collecting research on Beacon Hill's community and its history, it's for an essay I'm writing." Oh, or that I guess. It sounds like an interesting essay.

"Cool, do you need any help?" I offer.

"Thanks for the offer but it's fine, I've got my sister helping me. Anyway, I should actually go, my free period is almost up but we'll talk later." Jake winked before slowly walking away. Fair enough, I suppose I do have other things that need much more attention. Once waving Jake off, I returned to room 315 only to find an empty bed...