Cold (Part 3)

"Welcome back!" You bounded up the stairs as soon as you had heard voices from the bar, you basically catapulted out of your coffin, "I'm so glad you're back!"

Both looked roughed up, nothing too bad, but enough to cause a little alarm in you. Pam looked pissed, even more so than usual, and Eric looked...off. You stood beside Ginger, waiting for either of them to say something back or for Eric to give you his usual bastardly smirk, but nothing.

"What happened?" Your voice fell into dead air, Eric not even giving you a glance when he walked towards his office.

Pam rolled her eyes, but looked sad, "It was a long night."

"Something happened." Your eyes shifted to the now closed door Eric had gone through, "Didn't it?"

"Someone, more like." She didn't restrain her distaste, "Come, you shouldn't bother him right now."

"But..."

She grabbed your face in her hands roughly, "[Your Name], I mean it. Don't."

You agreed, following her into the basement so she could wash off and change her clothes. After you were sure she was busy and not paying attention you slipped into his office. Eric made no move once the door clicked closed behind you, his head was in his hands and his body was tense, as if he were holding the whole world on his broad shoulders.

"Get out." It was quiet, but venomous.

You swallowed hard, "Let me help you."

"That isn't your job." He lifted his head from his hands, his eyes void of any emotion. It almost scared you, "Now go."

"Not until you tell me what's wrong." You stood your ground, his face was unreadable for a few seconds, until he stood in a fluid motion and walked towards you. He held the side of your face in one, large hand.

He rested his forehead against yours, "As your maker, I command you to get the fuck out."

The command jarred you to your core, stinging your eyes with blood ready to spill from your tear ducts. Your body moved against its will, screaming as you pushed yourself out the door and away from him. He was like a new person and you didn't know how to handle it.