Soft (Part 9)

You had elected yourself to go on more errands than you had before, to the point that you were rarely at Fangtasia anymore. It was the easiest thing for you to do at this point with Sookie' life still infecting yours. You would see Eric just long enough to check in, perhaps enough to have a long chat with Pam, and then off you went again.

Today, Eric wasn't in and he hadn't given Pam something for you to do, and sadly, she had nothing for you to do either. So Pam did what she did best: pried for information, made you a drink, and ripped you a new one.

"He's soft on you." She said seriously, "You're taking it for granted."

"Why would he treat me any differently than you?" You tried to reason it out, didn't want to get your hopes up for something.

She rolled her eyes, "Eric and I are different, we've been together 100 years, we have chemistry and love for each other that is different than you and him."

"Meaning?" You rolled your wrist to gesture for an explanation, downing your blood.

"All three of us are bonded Maker and progenies." She poured more, "But you and him, there's something different there."

The conversation slipped off from there because, honestly, you couldn't handle it. You moved on to other things, like clothes and vampy gossip. It was nice, almost like the first few months you were a vampire, everything seemed so light and fluffy.

"You're back." Eric's voice seemed smoother and darker than you remembered, sending a shiver down your spine.

"I am." You tilted your head, "I missed you."

It had tumbled out without you realizing it, Pam let herself out with Ginger, saying something to Eric that you didn't bother to remember. He kept his eyes trained on you, just as they exited he was beside you, hand out for yours.

"You have things to tell me, yes?"

You nodded, "Don't I always deliver?"

"Oh, you do." He smirked, pulling you into his chest, planting a kiss on your lips, "I always look forward to your deliveries."