Love (Part 4)

"Why the long face, angel?" A customer sat at the bar in front of you, a vampire that came in semi-regularly. What was his name? Samuel? Sander?

You poured him his regular drink, "Oh, just contemplating life's great questions."

"Good thing you're dead." He chuckled, "They don't apply anymore."

"You know that isn't true." You scolded lightly. His name was Samson, you remembered now.

Samson shrugged, "What questions then?"

"Is it pointless to want a monogamous relationship?" You leaned against the counter, a rush of bravery, "I mean, all I see are vampires fucking the shit out of each other and then switching off. I mean it's fun, but when does it become more than just fucking?"

"You baby vampires." He sipped his drink, cringing a little, "Look, angel face, you may never find a vampire you want to settle down with or maybe you will, but you shouldn't be wasting time wondering about it.You have eternity. Live in the now."

"But what if what I want now is him?" You didn't mention who, and he didn't care the specifics.

He only shrugged, "Then he's a fool to not what a pretty thing like you. Now, how about another drink, angel?"

"Right away." You smiled, amused, and went to mixing.

"God dammit." Pam strutted out from the back, eyes narrowed at the door.

"What's the matter?" At this point, you were used to emergencies coming up like this and you'd easily learned to keep your cool.

Pam rolled her eyes, "A stupid girl and a stupid vampire."

"Well hello to you too, Pam." A pretty blonde smiled sarcastically, eyeing both of you before speaking again, "Where's Eric?"

"Busy." Pam threw her a sardonic smile, passing a drink to Samson for you.

"Well tell him I need to talk to him. Now." She narrowed her eyes at Pam, the tension almost palpable.

"I'll give him the memo and he can call you back." She started to walk off, obviously ending the conversation, but the girl was persistent.

The blonde walked around the bar, grabbing Pam's shoulder and you went into a mild panic, grabbing the girl as gently as you could but not so gently pinning her to the bar, fangs protruding. Pam looked pleased in the corner, arms crossed, but Eric was out of the door in a second pulling you off of the girl.

"Get off her, [Your Name]." He growled it out, looking over his shoulder, "I apologize for my new progeny, Miss Stackhouse. She obviously needs to learn some manners."

You felt like someone had just punched you in the stomach, Pam seemed as though she had expected it. He held the girl's arm gently, a grin spreading over his face as if Christmas had come early. They escaped to the back with her, him smirking at her and her pretending as if he repulsed her. Before the door shut she gave you one, long curious glance.

"Who was she?" You asked later, as you were getting ready to go to ground.

Pam sighed, long and annoyed, "Some stupid fairy girl that Eric has his fangs all out for. He's obsessed."

"Fairy?" You perked up, she waved a dismissive hand and told you not to think about it and 'go the fuck to sleep.'