Chapter One

9 June 2011
1:30 pm

"Wow." I said. I couldn't  believe it. Mr. Bernard was my nephew and he was older than me. " I need to go home now!"
"Ok, I'll tell them there is an emergency at your house or something. Wait." Gideon said as he pulled his phone out of his pocket and looked at the message on the screen. "There is an emergency at the Lodge, they want us there."
"Do you know what has happened?"
"Nope,no clue. We'd better hurry, my cars just over there."
"Ok, let's go."

Fifteen minutes later we arrived at the secret lodge of Count Saint-Germain. Mr George was waiting for us at the gate.
"We have been waiting for you, we didn't want to start the meeting without you both." He said.
"Me to?" I ask with a confused expression on my face. The guardians never wanted me to be a part of their meetings or as I saw it, their secret conspiring meetings with no women of any sort, except her and Mrs. Jenkins. "Yes Gwyneth, you and Gideon." He replied . "What's the emergency Thomas?" Gideon asked curiously.
"Actually two things have happened. One good one, one bad." Mr. George explained , "But they will tell you more inside. Now hurry, please."

As we arrived in the great hall Falk, Mr. Marley, Dr White who is followed around by the ghost of his son Robert and a few other men are waiting for us. Xemerius, another ghost, was grinding at us. He said,"You will never believe what they are about to tell you. It will blow your mind." Gideon and I sat down on the sofa on the side and listened to the conversation eagerly awaiting the news. "So," Falk started," You might have heard that there is good news and bad news. I will start with the bad news. The bad news is that ,well, you all know that about a month ago we locked Mr Whitman in one of the furthest cellars down." We all nodded to show we understood what he was saying. "This morning when Jake wanted to see how his head wound was progressing he found the cellar door open and Mr Whitman wasn't inside. Furthermore there was no guard on duty overnight." I couldn't believe what he was saying. The man who tried to murder me several times has disappeared without a trace.