Chapter Ten

We were led into a small room with the walls painted white. It looked like a doctors office only that it was set in the future. Daniel was led to the table first. He sat down and a pressure bandage was put around his arm. Dr. White then used his fingers to find the right vein. He picked his vein and then got out an antiseptic wipe. He then wiped it onto Daniel's arm and got the needle out. I had to turn away because it was too terrifying. "Lana, your turn. Daniel, you can go!" Dr White said.

"No , I'll stay!" Daniel said and I smiled. I then proceeded to lie down on the table whilst the pressure bandage was being wrapped around my arm. All the time my other hand was being squeezed by Daniel's hand. Dr White then gets the antiseptic wipe out and wipes it on my arm. He then got the needle out. I turned away, squeezing my eyes shut and I started to whimper. "It's ok La, it's ok." Daniel said in a soothing voice.

I giggled, "So my nickname is La. I guess then yours will be Danny!" I said.

"Please, No! Call me Dan if you must." Daniel exclaimed.

"Ok, Daaaan!" I said giggling. Dan groaned but then started to laugh as well. Dan had me so distracted I didn't even feel the needle.

"Ok Lana, you're done." Dr White said. I smiled and stood up saying thank you. Daniel then follows me out of the room until we realized we had no idea where to go. "This way guys." Dr. White chuckled as he walked out of the room.

We walked through the doorway into the main hall. We were lead to the table again only this time we were beckoned to sit on the two chairs placed either side of the table. I sat on the chair on the left and Dan took the other. I turned to my right and watch as Dr White gave Mr George the flasks of blood. Mr George put one flask on the table and held one flask in his hand. I looked closely and saw my name was on it. He took his free hand started pushing different levers and buttons on the Chronograph. He then opened a flap and pulled the cork out of the flask. He then poured half of the blood into the flap and closed it. He opened another flap on the other side of the Chronograph next to the glass window and poured the rest of the blood into it. He then pushed several more levers and turn a wheel thing on the side. The whole thing started to move. The inside lit up and the gems started to move. Mr George then moved and blocked my view. He then announced triumphantly, "Lana, your gem is...."