Chapter 3 ∼ Veronica

Jasmine and I went to the bar to chill after we got at the hotel. Everything was paid, so we took a couple of drinks there. The atmosphere was cool, but there was more old business mans than high teenagers. It was really a lobby bar. After this, we took the elevator to our room and undid our packages. I opened the curtains and I noticed that we had a huge - and by huge I mean HUGE - window that allowed us to have an overview of all the city.

"Jasmine! Come here," I told her.

She was watching TV, but I heard her getting up and coming closer to me.

"Wow, that room must've cost a lot. We can see everything. And I didn't noticed we were as close to downtown as we are," she said.

"That's quite awesome," I added.

She turned around and laid on the bed. She closed the television, leaving us both in the dark.

"Sorry, do you mind? I'm just kind of tired, after the day we had," she asked.

"Of course I don't.  Is it alright if I ask Mark to pick us up tomorrow so we can go in town and have a coffee? I'd enjoy spending some time with both you and him."

"That would be great, actually. I know a cute place down there that could be really nice. Text him. And just try to sleep after this. Tomorrow is a big day, you know. We're in Los Angeles," Jasmine said.

I tried to find the bed and I finally did. I struggled out of my jeans and put my old pajama on, then forced myself into the bed. 

I took my phone and wrote to Mark.

- Hello ! Do you want to come with us tomorrow and have a coffee ? I think that'd be great. Reply asap ! V. xx

On that note, I fell asleep. And to my own surprise, my thoughts were just blank.

When I woke up the next day, it was to the sound of Jasmine starting the hairdryer. I opened my eyes and saw the sun shining across the room. My gaze lowered to my phone besides me.

- RONNIEEE. Would you rather come at my house ? We'd can relax for the night we'll have ! PARTY . Text me . Mark x

"JASMINE?" I asked. I continued without even waiting for her answer. "Mark wants us to come over to his house. Is it ok?"

"Yeah, I'm getting ready. Tell him to come here in half an hour," she said.

++++

And that's how I got there, in front of a boy with dark chocolate eyes, short hair and a smile playing on his lips.

"Hello. What's your name?" he asked.

Mark and Jasmine were standing beside me.

"I'm Veronica," I said.

"Nice! I'm Liam," he replied.

"You know him for sure. He's in that band, you know, and he's staying here while their summer break, I think," Mark said.

Jasmine's face lighted up, just like if he said that boy in front of me was god.

"Yeah, One Direction," the boy said.

I never heard of them. Or maybe I did and I just couldn't put a face on that name.

"Well, nice to meet you," I said, grinning at him.

He smiled and Jasmine was already shaking his hand.

"I can't believe this is happening. I'm Jasmine. It's a pleasure to meet you," Jasmine half-shouted.

"Great! Nice to meet you too," the boy said, laughing.

"So! Do you guys want to drink something? We can go outside," Mark said while pointing at the window.