Chapter 5 ∼ Veronica

We woke up this morning and I was surprised that Jasmine survived the party. We planned a little trip to the beach today, we'll be able to chill out a bit. I'm nervous about this whole Liam thing, it's weird. I don't want our friendship - our whatever it is - to be bigger than it is. He's a pop star. I'm not. End of the story. I don't want to hear more about him. I wish I could spend time with Mark, though. I think I like him. I finally admit it... Oh well, at least I think I do like him. I need to have a girly talk about this with Jasmine. Like, right now but right now she's getting her hair done and I'm not sure if I want to interrupt her. I really think he's gorgeous. His eyes sparkle. I don't really know... God, I need to remove that stupid smile off my face. I look like a jerk.

"You got your towel, Jas?" I asked, finalising my bag. 

"I do. Don't worry about me, I'm perfectly fine."  

"Then ok, we're leaving in 10 minutes. Why are you even doing your hair? We're going to the beach." I said. 

"Well, in case Mark brings the Payne kid with him." 

She got me confused. 

"Payne?" I asked. 

"Liam, idiot. The boy." 

"Oh. Ok. Do your things then, but don't get your hopes up, beautiful. I doubt he's going to follow Mark every say of his break."

Do I secretly hope he's not there? Maybe. Maybe, I do. I don't know. I'm already so confused about my feelings towards Mark... I don't need to ask myself that. Well, I do. I'm really confused.

But what if Liam follows him everywhere? What if I can't spend good times with him? Will I be disapointed by the situation? I... I think, yes. I think it'll make me a bit sad. But there's way more than Mark in LA.

"Let's go then," I told Jasmine.

+++

I always loved swimming. It makes me feel happy about myself. When your head is under the water, all you can hear is a distant blurr. Nothing can break you, I'm in my element when I'm there, waiting for the biggest waves and when they arrive, breaking them. Jasmine told me she'd be back in a few minutes, she just went to buy a drink at the bar. I'm alright, though. I don't mind being alone. I'm comfortable when I'm swimming.

"I'M GONNA STAY RIGHT HERE, RONNIE. MARK JUST ARRIVED. HE'S WITH THE OTHER GUY," screamed Jasmine as soon as my head was out of the water. 

I nodded, knowing she was looking at me. I was beginning to be hungry too, to be honest. I started to think about getting out of there for a minute, but then I told myself I can wait.

A wave. Another one. A pretty rock and a beautiful starfish.  

A blue sky. A purple cloud. A random plane with a sign. 

Lost in my thoughts, I kept going further. My feet couldn't reach the bottom anymore. I turned around.

"SHIT!" I screamed. "What the fuck are you doing here?" 

"Shuuuuuush. I just followed you," Liam said. 

"Why? You scared the shit out of me! Jerk!" 

"Calm down! I just wanted to say hi." 

"Hi! Hi! Are you happy? Now go. I bet Mark's waiting for you," I said. 

"No, in fact he's just there. He asked me if I wanted to tell you we're here."  

"Ok. I get it. Go, now." 

"You look angry," he said. 

"Do I? Fuck! You followed me! You scared me!" 

"Sorry." 

"I said go. I'm swimming." 

"I thought you'd be happy to see me," he declared. 

"You know what? I don't even know your name. Don't expect me to fangirl over your face like those 12 years old girls do at your concerts, I won't. I don't care if you're in front of the magazines. You're wasting your time if you think you can make me happy just by showing up like this. I don't give a fuck. I like people for who they are and to be fair I talked to you once. I know nothing about you. And trust me, I won't do like those girls usually do, like reading blogs to know more about you. I don't even have the internet back home. Get it? Thanks." 

"I should go." 

"Do that. Mark's waving at you."

He dove back. That was it. As soon as I saw him turn around, I knew I was way too rude with him... But I don't think I had a choice. This guy needed a reality check. I gave him. That's not really like me to do those things. I swore a lot.

++++++

I felt free. In that moment, I felt like I couæd rule the world. It had nothing to do with Mark, Liam or Jasmine. I was just being myself. Those moments are rare, but they exist. I remember back in the days when Mark asked me out. We went to see a chick flix. I was about 15 years old. I don't remember what was the movie but I do know that there was this huge emotional breakdown at a point and he really didn't know what to do so he just kept saying he was sorry. Cutie. I felt at that time the same emotion I felt while I was breaking the waves. I was enjoying myself.

They say that to be happy, you need to enjoy yourself...

++++++

"Oh come on now Ronnie! Just one more night with him. Then, you can do whatever you want with Jasmine." 

Mark literally begged me for this. He wants me to take the night out with Liam so he can be alone with Jasmine . I don't want to. I don't know if it's because I'm jealous of my dear best friend or if it's because I really can't stand Liam. 

Probably both. 

But, I'm a good friend. So I agreed. One night with Liam while he's dating my best friend. 

Oh how the Payne kid is gonna pay for this.

I curled my hair and tied it up in a bun. I don't want to look like a nightmare to the boy. Poor boy. He knows I don't like him. That must be really, really sad. Maybe he will cry? Poor boy. Used to date popular girls. Popular and rich chicks from the big city. I know he doesn't like me and he knows I don't like him.

I put on my dress.

Someone knocked at my door.

This should be really interesting...

+++++

this is short but wait for it... ;)

Alex Xxx