Chapter 6

A/N: I am dedicating this chapter to all my readers. I am now over 200 reads and I am so excited. Sorry I didn't get this chapter up sooner but it has been a little hectic here today. I am hoping to get this written quickly but I don't want to mess up either. Well I am done with the A/N for now. Time to get this chapter written.

Chapter 6- The drive

          We had already been on the road for an hour when the first vampire caught up to us. He was tall with Blond hair and of course red eyes. We could tell he didn't even bother with contacts. We had stopped at a gas station so everyone could take car of business. Of course for Amanda and I it was mostly to stretch. Neither one of us had been in a car in a long time. The guys on the other hand had been back and forth in their car as they went on hunts. So this was nothing for them. All I could think of was 40 years was a long time running everywhere you needed to go. It was nice in a way to be taken somewhere. I was sitting in back with Amanda but when the boys got back Charles got into the back with Amanda and he didn't look very happy about it.

          Amanda didn't look very happy either, however, Andy looked thrilled and that is when I realized that he had asked or commanded his father to sit in back. I wonder why. I looked back over at him when I climbed in and when he looked at me I didn't have to question why anymore. I saw love and determination swirling together in his eyes. I guess he thought I would have to acknowledge him if I was sitting beside him. It wasn't like it was a big car. In fact it was a Ford Pinto and red with rust marks all over it. We just started to to pull into the main road again on out way to the highway when a black SUV slammed into the front end effectively killing the car. There was no way we would be able to fix it. We all climbed out and I instantly smelled blood and was worried. My mouth started to water but I was able to keep the thirst at bay. I looked over and saw both Charles and Andy were bleeding and looking at Amanda and me like we were about to have them for a snack. This removed any last shred of hunger I had. I did not want my friends thinking I was going to kill them. I walked toward them slowly so I wouldn't frighten them. "Are you to alright?" I asked still walking slowly. Charles looked at me surprised.

          "No, I think my leg is broken and I know my head is gushing." Charles responded. 

          I looked towards Andy and saw his eyes were clouding over and I knew he was about to pass out. I moved quickly to catch him and when he fell he was in my arms. I couldn't help but feel panic as I looked at him. His arm was broken for sure and he had a head injury. There was possibly more hurt but I couldn't tell by just looking at him. "Amanda go call an ambulance." I yelled. I wanted to heal them like I do with the animals but I knew it wouldn't work on the broken bones and I was worried if I tasted there blood I would want more. It was to dangerous to experiment on them. I just hoped the ambulances would get here quickly. It was killing me to see Andy unconscious.

          Before I knew it Amanda was back and informed me that they were on there way. She quickly got a rag from the car and and pressed it to Charles's head but I could tell she was fighting with thirst. "Charles, as soon as they get here and they take you both to the hospital I am going to take Amanda hunting and then we will be there with you." He shook his head and then looked at Amanda. I could tell he was looking at her differently. I was glad he was but it sucked that it had to be an accident that finally made him see that we weren't that bad.

          Amanda and I heard the sirens before Charles and we both sighed in relief. Our friends were going to get seen and then we can hunt. I know Amanda really needed to get away from the blood. After all the lived as a normal human for 200 years before she found me and she switched to only drinking animals. Me on the other hand I had only drank human blood once so it wasn't calling me as bad. Believe me there was a part of me that wanted to but it was easy for me to push that part down.