Chapter 10

• Dedicated to Chance Pro

A/N: I have a small confession to make. My husband told me that if I finished a book he would actually read it. You see I have written many stories but I have gotten writers block and then I cannot continue. He was the one who motivated me to keep going of the first chapter. However, my readers are what are keeping me going now. I do not want to disappoint you at all. This is why I am updating so often. I am afraid if I wait to long I will lose my momentum and then I will have writers block yet again. I have been more excited about this story then any other I have tried before and I know it is because you all are actually reading it. I never thought I would get so many reads. So again I want to thank you all so much.

Sincerely

Heather

Chapter 10- Memories

          I opened my eyes but I did not know where I was. First thing I saw was a stone ceiling with a huge chandelier. I quickly sat up and saw I was on a huge four poster bed and it was surrounded by expensive fabric in a rich gold. I looked around and saw a huge stone hearth at the wall at the foot of the bed. It looked like I had gone back thousands of years. I stood up and then looked down I was wearing a light pink dress with a very high neck line that made me feel like I was choking. There was so many ruffles that I wanted to throw up and around the collar and the cuff of the sleeves there was lace. I had a corset on that was cutting off my circulation. What was weird is I was now walking around the room and I knew I wasn't making myself move.

          There was a soft knock on the door and this cute little voice told whoever it was to come in. I felt like I could feel everything this person felt but I had no control over their body , thoughts, or voice. It was like I was possessed and whoever it was had taken over my body. I tried to fight and I tried to yell but nothing worked. Finally I decided that I would pay attention and maybe I find a way to get back to my friends. The person at the door opened and I was surprised to see Gloria walk in. "My lady, Sir Richard is her calling on you. Did you take the medicine I had made for you last night?' She asked.

          "Yes Gloria, thank you so much I was able to sleep a dreamless sleep and I feel well rested today. Why is Sir Richard here? I did not expect to see him until tomorrow during the engagement ball." I said.

           She shrugged and then said, "I am not certain dear, he said he wanted to take you out to the garden for a stroll."

            "Thank you Gloria, what would I do without you." She squealed. I could feel her excitement as she thought of this Sir Richard and I found myself very curious. Who was this guy and who's engagement ball was tomorrow. Gloria smiled but it looked a little sad but before I could ask her what was wrong she had already left the room. Soon after she went to a wash bin with a mirror right above it. She was looking down at her hands as she washed them but when she looked into the mirror I was surprised to see my face. The person with my face smiled and then pinched her cheeks to give her a flushed appearance. "Perfect." She said and then she quickly walked out of the room. Wherever we were it took her awhile to reach where Sir Richard was waiting. We walked into an area that looked a lot like a library. It was surrounded with shelves fool of books and in the center there was a couple chairs that looked Victorian or possibly older. There was a man with his back to us and he was looking into the fire of the hearth. Holding a glass with some amber liquid inside. 

           Something about him made me uncomfortable but the body I was in was excited and nervous. I could tell her hands were shaking from her nervousness. The man, who I assume was Sir Richard turned around and I wanted to scream. I tried with everything possible but I was stuck and trapped and there was nothing I could do. Instead I felt as her face heated up from a blush and I heard her release a low giggle. What is wrong with this girl. Why is she in the same room as this murderer. Why can't I warn her? He slowly walked up to her and grabbed her hand gently. "Hello Miss Jennivieve, I hope I am not disturbing you this wonderful evening." He brought her small hand to his lips and gently kissed it. I could feel her blushing. I knew she was not seeing or feeling the same things I was. She was giddy and I was scared for her.