three.

ʰᵘᵗʳᵉˢˢ
003. | ❛ always and forever.

𝐖𝐇𝐄𝐍 𝐒𝐇𝐄 𝐂𝐀𝐌𝐄 𝐁𝐀𝐂𝐊 𝐅𝐑𝐎𝐌 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐑𝐎𝐎𝐅𝐓𝐎𝐏 𝐌𝐄𝐄𝐓𝐈𝐍𝐆, 𝐒𝐇𝐄 𝐇𝐀𝐃 𝐀 𝐋𝐎𝐓 𝐓𝐎 𝐄𝐗𝐏𝐋𝐀𝐈𝐍 𝐓𝐎 𝐎𝐍𝐄 𝐕𝐄𝐑𝐘 𝐖𝐎𝐑𝐑𝐈𝐄𝐃 𝐄𝐋𝐈𝐉𝐀𝐇. Although vampires and werewolves were in their sphere of knowledge, time-traveling wasn't. For once Elijah's centuries of experiences wouldn't be helpful in Crystal making a decision to go with Rip. Often times when Crystal had tough decisions to make, she would only go to the one person she trusted. However, both of them learned that at times their conversations would turn intense and lead them to disagreements; as a result, they decided that sparring would be a healthy alternative. Crystal fell with a loud thud against the mat in the boxing ring with Elijah looking down at her as she groaned.

"Can't you go a little easy on me, Elijah?" She grunted, cracking her neck back into place. "Sure I'm this weird vampire-siphoner, but I don't have centuries of experience like you."

"As you said, I have centuries of experience." He smirked while he watched Crystal get back into her fighting position. "And here I was thinking that I was going easy on you."

She titled her head and tightened her ponytail before attempting to have another go at Elijah. She vampire sped to have him pinned against the railing of the boxing cage. Her hand positioned on top of his heart ready to sink her hand down and grasp at his heart. Still pinned against the railing, he sped and reversed the position. "Before you'd be willing to rip my heart out and now you're indecisive. You've lost your touch."

Those final words gave a flow of adrenaline and impulse for Crystal to push and pin him down against the floor and sank her hands until they were around his beating heart. She rejoiced, "Whose lost their touch now?"

Elijah held up his hands in a sign of defeat which allowed Crystal to let her grip go around his heart and shifted her body off of his. By her silence, he could tell that their sparring didn't help clear her mind. "I can't just leave." Crystal shook her head, remaining rather still, and showing that she didn't want to endure another round of sparring. "What about the prophecy? I can't forgive myself if something were to to happen to you."

Elijah unbuttoned the remaining buttons on his collared shirt, revealing his white undershirt. He stood in his position ready to go back to sparring with Crystal shaking her head in disagreement. Not buying it, he went to attack her but was met with a rather harsh blow to chest, landing him feet away from her. Annoyed, she shouted, "I don't want to spar anymore, Elijah! I want you to tell me what to do!"

Noticing the spike in her emotions, she left the gym and found her way back to the Mikaelson home. It was wrong for her to leave Elijah without telling him, but somehow he always knew that in her bouts of anger, she'd find her way home. She strangely felt safe regardless of all the fights and attacks that have happened within the walls of the compound. Or perhaps, it's because she knew that no threat would harm her when Elijah was around. The opportunity given to her by Rip Hunter was an interesting one indeed, she would be scared not knowing that her guardian angel would be there to protect her.

A gust of wind separated her from her thoughts and brought the attention to the balcony that overlooked the streets of the city. She found her way towards where Elijah was leaning on the railing, basking in the sun of the wonderful day. Stepping out on the balcony, she felt the warm sunlight kiss her skin and displayed a similar expression as Elijah. He smiled, "You know I didn't raise you to leave people without warning."

She nodded, "You didn't. But you did raise me to acknowledge when a situation gets a little heated to leave and come back to it later." Crystal looked over to Elijah, who bore a smile in response to her comment. "I just can't leave you, Elijah. The stuff with the prophecy, Lucien and Tristan, and the Strix is just too much for you guys to deal with on your own. I can't leave you when you might need me the most."

"I can't tell you what to do, Crystal." He flat out responded, "Time travel is new concept to me as it is to you. Unfortunately I can't offer the advice that you seek. What I can offer you is that I think you should accept what Mr.Hunter is offering you."

She turned to him quickly in a state of shock, "Elijah, you can't be serious?"

"Years of living with me, you should know that I am serious." He joked to lighten her mood, which seemed to work to an extent. Elijah grabbed her by the shoulders and made her face him. His hands went to cup her cheeks, "Years of raising you have taught me that when you have moments where you question stuff and run off, that you're scared of what's going to happen. But you shouldn't be. You need to take this opportunity for yourself to help save and change the future."

"But what if-" Crystal started before she was cut off by Elijah, "We'll be fine. We're Mikaelsons and we are meant to survive."

With a simple nod of her head, he knew that he had convinced her to say yes to the time travelers plea. He pulled her in for an embrace and leaving a small kiss on the top of her head. Crystal held on tight since she wouldn't know how long it would take for them to battle against Savage. Time wouldn't be different for them because it would be like she never left at all. But her, she'd know that the sight of New Orleans would be one that she wouldn't see for a while.

"I have something for your journey to the past." Elijah spoke once again before pulling out a talisman necklace from his suit. It looked similar to the one that Freya had, yet this one held a red stone with a snake enwrapped around it holding it in place. "It belonged to my mother when she used to practice her magic. It helped find her center and made her stronger as a result. I thought it would be best for you to have it, if the situation calls for you to hone in on your magic."

Crystal shook her head, "I can't possibly take this. It's your mother's and it's one of your family heirlooms."

"Our family." Elijah corrected her and with no more resistance, he wrapped it around her neck and clasped it. "You come back to me, Crystal."

"I'm going to be a Legend," she stated goofily. "Why would I ever need to come back?"

He smiled at her before giving her one last hug. She knew that the both of them were holding back tears, and the longer that they'd stayed going in a circle of saying goodbye that they'd soon break out into tears. She whispered into his ear words that would mean more to him than anything else, "I'll come back. Always and forever."

"